Graduate Certificate in Health Leadership
A comprehensive introduction to healthcare leadership and management
Set your health career on a leadership trajectory with this postgraduate management course. Study core principals of contemporary leadership. Network with peers and build new connections. Learn from experienced academics and health industry speakers.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- 10 Jul 22
QS RANKING 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
Upon successful completion of the program graduates will be able to:
- Effectively apply management and leadership theories underpinning work practice within the health context.
- Analyse contemporary issues within health professional leadership and their significant influence on management and leadership practice.
- Interpret governance and risk as applied to the work context in consideration of management and leadership roles and responsibilities.
- Employ critical reflection to encourage on-going learning to maintain and improve professional knowledge and skills
- Apply accomplished communication skills to the dissemination of project findings.
To be eligible for admission to the Graduate Certificate in Health Leadership applicants must also meet the following specific requirements:
- As a minimum qualification, a recognised Bachelor degree in a health profession; or
- Evidence of specific professional and/or industry experience in health.
Applications for Advanced Standing and Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) will be considered and reviewed on a case by case basis by UNDA's Student Administration.
The Graduate Certificate in Health Leadership (GCHL) supports health professionals who want to consolidate or further their leadership career. The program provides students with a comprehensive introduction to the core principles of management and leadership within the complex health arena, in which consumers and their significant others play a central role. Students complete two core courses to support their development as a health professional leader and undertake a significant workplace project to demonstrate application of learning.
Recommended Study Pattern
Complete the following four subjects:
- MEDI5013 Contemporary Leadership in Health A
- MEDI5014 Contemporary Leadership in Health B
- MEDI5019 Systems-focused Thinking in Healthcare A
- MEDI5020 Systems-focused Thinking in Healthcare B
To be eligible for the award of Graduate Certificate in Health Leadership students must complete 4 subjects as outlined in the recommended study pattern.
You can apply direct through Open Universities Australia.
Once you've checked your eligibility, apply and enrol for this degree following the steps.
Select ‘Apply now’
Choose subjects to begin your application. You can choose 1 or 2 subjects to start.
Complete your details
Provide your details and select a funding option. You can pay up-front or apply for government funding in your application.
We're here to help answer your questions. Our friendly student advisors provide 7 day support.