Graduate Certificate in Clinical Pharmacy
Upskill as a registered pharmacist
Continue to develop your clinical pharmacy and research skills. Explore medication management for a wide range of illnesses, from cardiovascular disease to psychiatric disorders. Upon completion, those interested can proceed into the Graduate Diploma.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- No dates available
QS RANKING 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
Our student advisors are here to guide you with:
- Enrolling and eligibility
- Fee and loan information
- Credit and recognition for prior learning
Upon completion of this program, students should be able to:
- Make independent judgments in clinical pharmacy and pharmacy practice
- Communicate (articulate) complex clinical pharmacy concepts and ideas to a variety of audiences
- Acquire, evaluate and consolidate relevant clinical pharmacy information from a range of media
- Evaluate international issues and trends in pharmacy and clinical pharmacy practice
The course should equip registered pharmacists with the fundamental knowledge and skills to enhance career opportunities as a clinical or consultant (medication review) pharmacist.
Within Australia and overseas, postgraduate education in Clinical Pharmacy is often considered preferable for senior clinical positions.
An AQF Bachelor level degree in Pharmacy from UTAS or another university or tertiary institution that is deemed equivalent. PLUS Evidence of current AHPRA registration under the General Registration Type for the profession of Pharmacist, without conditions or notations is required.
NOTE: Admissions to confirm registration on the AHPRA register and refer any applicants with conditions or notations to UTAS for review.
Work and Life
Appropriate post registration work experience of at least 1 year will also be normally considered as a requirement for acceptance into this program. PLUS Employment details or a personal statement in eApplication, or a CV or Resume which indicates appropriate post registration work experience of at least 1 year.
* Length of time registered as a Pharmacist can be located on the AHPRA registration page.
The University of Tasmania grants credit and recognition of prior learning that may include formal and/or informal prior learning. More information is available here.
This course provides an opportunity for registered pharmacists, particularly those from rural and remote areas, to develop clinical pharmacy skills and qualifications in clinical pharmacy and pharmacy practice research by offering a flexible education program delivered online.
The course will provide a formal training program for pharmacists to provide clinical services. Online delivery will enable access by pharmacists from overseas, as well as from rural and remote areas of Australia. The course will support pharmacists in becoming accredited to conduct medication reviews, and enhance their role as a member of the health care team. It will develop their ability to communicate effectively with other health professionals and patients. The course also aims to provide a pathway towards a Research Higher Degree.
Recommended Study Pattern
For students undertaking full-time study the following study pattern is recommended. If students are undertaking part-time study, we recommend that students complete all first year compulsory subjects prior to completing elective subjects to maximise success.
Year 1. 4 subjects in first year including:
- 1 core subject:
- TAS-CSA721 Introduction to Advanced Clinical Pharmacy Practice
- 3 subjects of the following electives:
- TAS-CSA722 Advanced Pharmacotherapeutics in Cardiovascular Diseases
- TAS-CSA723 Advanced Pharmacotherapeutics in Respiratory and Renal Diseases
- TAS-CSA724 Advanced Pharmacotherapeutics in Infectious Diseases
- TAS-CSA725 Advanced Pharmacotherapeutics in Endocrinology, Rheumatology and Oncology Care
- TAS-CSA726 Advanced Pharmacotherapeutics in Psychiatric and Neurological Disorders
Satisfactory completion of 4 subjects, as required in the schedule, within 1.5 years from commencement.
You can apply direct through Open Universities Australia.
Once you've checked your eligibility, apply and enrol for this degree following the steps.
Select ‘Apply now’
Choose subjects to begin your application. You can choose 1 or 2 subjects to start.
Complete your details
Provide your details and select a funding option. You can pay up-front or apply for government funding in your application.
We're here to help answer your questions. Our friendly student advisors provide 7 day support.