Graduate Certificate in Business Administration
Leading business experts teaching innovation and entrepreneurship
Advance your career in senior management, or take the next step towards your MBA. Think critically. Work collaboratively. Study managerial finance, international business, ethics, sustainability, marketing, change management, and the law for managers.
The University of South Australia, UniSA, is ranked in the top 10 universities nationally and amongst the very best young universities in the world. They offer over 200 world-class degrees that are informed by industry and delivered with a highly practical approach to teaching and learning. In fact, they are South Australia’s number one university for graduate careers. They are a valuable partner with Open Universities Australia.
The UniSA Graduate Certificate in Business Administration curriculum is informed by research expertise which ranked ‘Above World-Class’ in Business Management and Marketing in the 2015 Excellence in Research (ERA) rankings. The program is taught by leading business experts from our broad range of research concentrations, research institutes and centres.
This includes the Ehrenberg-Bass Institute, one of the world’s leading centres for research in marketing, making fundamental discoveries about consumer behaviour for global corporations, providing students with the opportunity to learn from the same marketing scientists that advise senior marketing executives from all over the world
Building innovation and entrepreneurship, UniSA supports the development of skills, knowledge and networks that will enable you to grow your ideas and turn them into profitable enterprises.
The UniSA Graduate Certificate in Business Administration has been developed for experienced managers and executives, providing the knowledge and skills to advance your career in senior management or leadership roles in business, government and industry or to provide a pathway into the Master of Business Administration Program.
Applicants seeking admission to the program will normally have:
- A minimum of three (3) years full time management experience and a recognised university undergraduate degree or equivalent professional qualifications;
- A minimum of seven (7) years full time management experience.
All applicants are also required to submit a detailed curriculum vitae or equivalent with at least one referee who can validate work experience.
Credit transfer and exemption may be offered through recognition of prior learning for up to one subject to eligible Graduate Certificate in Business Administration applicants, at the discretion of the Program Director. If you have completed appropriate postgraduate management subjects at recognised institutions, you may apply for a credit transfer.
Our Graduate Certificate in Business Administration is structured to fit with your lifestyle and work commitments, it can be studied part-time and online. You will develop business administration skills and knowledge through studying areas such as managerial finance, international business, ethics, marketing, or leadership and change management. You will learn ways to think strategically and critically, and to work collaboratively.
After completing the Graduate Certificate, you may wish to consider enrolling into the University of South Australia’s Master of Business Administration degree. The Graduate Certificate also provides a pathway into, and credit for four subjects towards the MBA.
Recommended Study Pattern
Students are required to commence the Graduate Certificate in Business Administration with the subject BUSS 5424 Strategic Thinking: Concepts and Tools.
As a guide, full-time Graduate Certificate in Business Administration students generally undertake two subjects and part-time students undertake one subject per study period. Completing the Graduate Certificate full-time will normally take 6 months and part-time students taking one subject per study period can typically complete the program in one year.
- Strategic Thinking: Concepts and Tools - BUSS 5424
THEN - in any order, any 3 of the following subjects:
- Accounting for Decision Making - BUSS 5247
- Managerial Finance - BUSS 5249
- Managing People and Organisations - BUSS 5425
- The Law for Managers - LAWS 5016
- International Business - BUSS 5251
- Strategic Marketing - BUSS 5245
- Ethics, Governance and Sustainability - BUSS 5385
- Leadership for Growth - BUSS 5438
- Elective 1 (See notes 1 and 2 below).
- The elective is to be chosen from a range of specified elective subjects set out in the electives schedule and online timetable or, subject to Program Director approval, from subjects in other postgraduate programs at the University of South Australia or from other recognised higher education institutions.
- Not all electives will be offered each year. Students should refer to the University of South Australia’s online timetable for details of subjects offered in the current year as additional electives may be offered on a once-off basis.
To successfully complete the requirements of the Graduate Certificate in Business Administration, students must complete the foundation subject in strategic thinking plus three subjects selected from a diverse range of business areas, including electives.