Diploma of University Studies (Psychological Science)
Get a head start on your psychology degree
Combine preparatory subjects with foundational psychology subjects, and you get a pathway to a Bachelor of Psychology. Set yourself up for success with skills in academic writing and numeracy. Be introduced to the fascinating study of human behaviour.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- 27 Jun 21
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
Upon completion of this program, the student should be able to:
- Apply generic skills for academic purposes relevant to your field of study underpinned by principles of academic integrity
- Identify, analyse, and transmit knowledge and specialised skills by learning independently and collaboratively
- Express ideas and perspectives for academic purposes relevant to your field of study
- Demonstrate a scholarly approach to communication and problem-solving skills
Completed at least one undergraduate unit (equivalent to 12.5 UTAS credit points).
Completed a minimum of four University Preparation Program units (equivalent to 50 UTAS credit points).
Completed the TCE (or equivalent)
Completed VET Certificate III or higher
Work and Life
If you have not successfully completed senior secondary, tertiary or TAFE/VET study, but have relevant work and life experience you can complete a personal competency statement. You may be eligible for an offer if you have work and life experiences that demonstrate a capacity to succeed in this course.
The Diploma of University Studies is designed as an alternative entry pathway to university study. In each specialisation, students study units which provide the skills and knowledge related to their intended degree and are provided with additional support to maximise their chances of success. Completion of the Diploma will provide achievement at Introductory level in up to five units.
Recommended Study Pattern
For students undertaking full-time study the following study pattern is recommended. If students are undertaking part-time study, we recommend that students complete all first year compulsory subjects prior to completing elective subjects to maximise success.
Year 1. 8 subjects in first year including:
- TAS-XAB011 Learning at University
- TAS-XAB021 Academic Writing
- TAS-XAB080 Experiencing Science
- TAS-XAB091 Academic Numeracy
- TAS-PSY111 Transferable Skills in Psychology
- TAS-PSY112 Brain and Behaviour
- TAS-PSY124 Mental Health and Individual Differences
- TAS-PSY125 Psychological Processes
Satisfactory completion of 8 subjects, as required in the schedule, within 1-3 years from commencement.
Pick your subjects to begin.
Apply for the degree, or enrol directly into a subject. It's up to you!
You can apply for government funding or pay up-front.
This degree has open enrolment subjects which allow you to start without submitting a degree application.
You'll have the option to apply for the degree once you've successfully passed the subjects. In many cases, you'll even gain credit.