Bachelor of Film and Screen Production (Film Production)
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- No dates available
As Australia’s #1 university for graduate starting salary (Good Universities Guide, 2022), University of Southern Queensland is the right place to make real progress. Regardless of your education history, your age or your aspirations, at UniSQ you’ll be inspired by quality learning experiences matched with top resources and research. Having delivered distance and online learning for over 40+ years, UniSQ supports you to learn at your own pace—exactly how it suits you.
Learn more about USQ.
Explore USQ courses.
QS Ranking 2024
Times Higher Education Ranking 2024
What you'll learn
On successful completion of the program, students should be able to:
1. deploy advanced location film-based knowledge, technical proficiency, and the individual work ethic necessary for practice as a skilled, professional screen artist
2. leverage a broad knowledge of the historical, ideological and ethical perspectives in the cinematic arts, both historically and in contemporary cultural, social contexts and industry
3. apply a high level of critical and cultural reflexivity and reflectivity in the design, implementation and evaluation of individual and group screen related projects
4. be flexible and innovative in their approach to practicing creativity and engaging the cinematic arts in the wider community and in a range of professional industries
5. communicate in a range of academic and industry related verbal, written and visual forms that will enable effective engagement with relevant organisations, industry bodies and professional networks
6. actively engage with the advocacy and pursuit of ongoing research in the cinematic arts and their role in cultural growth.
Graduates will be prepared for employment not only in film making, but television drama, web production, advertising, digital streaming, visual effects, corporate video production, computer generated imagery and more.
ATAR/Selection Rank + Interview + English Language Proficiency
Credit for previous study or work
Passionate about film production? Benefit from a major focused independently on film making and its related parts, with a close alignment to both national and international developments in the industry. You will graduate with industry skills but also transferable knowledge you’re able to apply in many other industries and careers. Develop the skills required to make movies for the big screen, write scripts, work with actors, and make short films. Enjoy the flexibility of online study, while still learning all the necessary skills required in the practical area of film production.