Bachelor of Theatre (Theatre Making)
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- No dates available
As Australia’s #1 university for graduate starting salary (Good Universities Guide, 2022), University of Southern Queensland is the right place to make real progress. Regardless of your education history, your age or your aspirations, at UniSQ you’ll be inspired by quality learning experiences matched with top resources and research. Having delivered distance and online learning for over 40+ years, UniSQ supports you to learn at your own pace—exactly how it suits you.
Learn more about USQ.
Explore USQ courses.
QS Ranking 2024
Times Higher Education Ranking 2024
What you'll learn
On successful completion of the program, students should be able to:
1. Deploy effective application of adaptive and transformative capabilities that are reproducible and enable them to contribute to the creative potential of diverse deliverables with and to diverse peoples in workplaces and sectors;
2. Use critical discernment and application of theatrical and dramatic methods, concepts, techniques and theories in the creation of relevant and efficacious cultural projects in professional, educational, community or commercial contexts;
3. Apply accurate knowledge of the historical, ideological, critical and ethical perspectives in theatre, in both traditional and contemporary contexts;
4. Employ rigorous reflective and evaluation strategies regarding the processes and outcomes of theatre-making and theatre performance activities in a wide variety of WIL and real-world industry contexts;
5. Engage with relevant industry bodies and networks that enables healthy and responsible work ethic necessary for practice as independent and professional theatre artists and cultural workers;
6. Apply cultural intelligence, ethical enterprise, and integrity in the further exploration of the role of theatre in the cultural enhancement of a nation/society.
Our graduates work as award-winning playwrights and writers, nationally-acclaimed directors, celebrated comedians, speciality drama teachers, arts therapists actors; comedy sketch artists; community arts workers; Instagram and pod-cast artists; producers and production assistants; TV presenters; tour operators; videographers; youth arts workers and, with further qualifications, expert academics and drama teachers.
ATAR/Selection Rank + Audition + English Language Proficiency
Credit for previous study or work
If you are an innovative, empathetic, and collaborative theatre practitioner, the Bachelor of Theatre (Theatre Making) will increase your competitive edge by teaching you how to make new dramatic works for entertainment, community-arts, education, health and the environmental agencies. The Theatre Making major introduces you to the rigorous theory and practice in generating original work. Here, you will adapt theatre skills and processes for communities and educators, in order to deliver sustainable community-participatory creative arts projects.