Bachelor of Communication and Media (Advertising)
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- No dates available
As Australia’s #1 university for graduate starting salary (Good Universities Guide, 2022), University of Southern Queensland is the right place to make real progress. Regardless of your education history, your age or your aspirations, at UniSQ you’ll be inspired by quality learning experiences matched with top resources and research. Having delivered distance and online learning for over 40+ years, UniSQ supports you to learn at your own pace—exactly how it suits you.
Learn more about USQ.
Explore USQ courses.
QS Ranking 2024
Times Higher Education Ranking 2024
What you'll learn
On successful completion of the program students should be able to:
• Communicate with high degree of clarity and coherence focusing on specific recipients using professional or technical language;
• Identify and evaluate the communication processes in a range of industry settings using oral, written, and digital channels;
• Solve problems using critical and reflective approaches informed by communication theory, ethical and social responsibilities;
• Select and apply industry relevant communication practices in authentic settings that are collaborative, innovative, and future-focused;
• Value cultural awareness and diversity and advocate within teams, communities, and workplace settings;
• Critically examine and describe the theoretical issues, problems and methodologies used within the communication professions.
Graduates will have the skills needed to gain employment in careers such as a copywriter, ad creative, advertising sales executive, marketing and communications officer, brand manager, production manager, digital marketing coordinator, client service manager or advertising content curator.
ATAR/Selection Rank + English Language Proficiency
Credit for previous study or work
Exemptions/credit will be assessed based on the UniSQ Credit and Exemption Procedure. Claims for credit for previous study should be submitted prior to or at the time of enrolment. Each claim will be assessed on individual merit in line with UniSQ policy.
Advertising is an essential part of commercial and not-for-profit organisations throughout the world, and is a key tool used to grow businesses and communicate to audiences. You will develop the skills necessary to create concepts, understand audiences and pitch effective messages, while also learning how to plan, pitch and implement an advertising campaign. At UniSQ, you can develop your expertise across a range of media in both traditional and digital platforms, with a particular focus on social media.
Degree structure details
Recommended Study Pattern
The Enrolment Pattern for this program will be updated soon. In the meantime, please submit your contact details below for us to reach out and discuss the program further.