Bachelor of Business (Human Resource Management)
Get to know the business of people and culture
Study HR online with this accredited business degree. You’ll explore a range of HR topics including workforce design and employment relations. Learn how to recruit, retain, and develop talent in the workplace. Help organisations move forward.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- No dates available
As Australia’s #1 university for graduate starting salary (Good Universities Guide, 2022), University of Southern Queensland is the right place to make real progress. Regardless of your education history, your age or your aspirations, at UniSQ you’ll be inspired by quality learning experiences matched with top resources and research. Having delivered distance and online learning for over 40+ years, UniSQ supports you to learn at your own pace—exactly how it suits you.
Learn more about USQ.
Explore USQ courses.
QS Ranking 2024
Times Higher Education Ranking 2024
What you'll learn
Upon successful completion of the program, students will be able to:
1. Work autonomously and collaboratively to contribute to organisational initiatives by selecting and applying relevant theory to analyse and generate solutions to dynamic issues and changing landscapes.
2. Evaluate inputs from various sources and stakeholders to ensure that the interests of others, including organisational, societal, environmental, and professional expectations, are recognised.
3. Evaluate digital technologies, mechanisation, computerisation, and/or automation to support current and future business processes in the relevant domain of specialist expertise.
4. Communicate broad-level specialist advice to others to build professional credibility.
5. Exercise professional judgement using critical and reflective thinking and self-directed learning to continue developing as a self-reliant, ethical, and responsible professional.
6. Leverage a well-developed professional identity by exhibiting the human capabilities and knowledge demanded by modern organisations.
Graduates can find job opportunities in private consultancy services related to all aspects of human resources, in addition to advocacy work with industrial relations consultancies, unions, and industry and employer associations. Graduates also have the potential to achieve senior and executive level positions such as human resources director, organisational development director, compensation and benefits director, industrial relations director, recruitment manager, career counsellor, safety and welfare coordinator.
UniSQ is seeking accreditation for the Human Resource Management major by the Australian Human Resources Institute (AHRI). Upon accreditation approval, this major will satisfy the educational requirements for professional membership of AHRI.
ATAR/Selection Rank + English Language Proficiency
Credit for previous study or work
Exemptions/credit will be assessed based on the UniSQ Credit and Exemption Procedure. Claims for credit for previous study should be submitted prior to or at the time of enrolment. Each claim will be assessed on individual merit in line with UniSQ policy.
Become a leading workplace specialist with UniSQ’s Bachelor of Business (Human Resource Management) and learn to develop people and culture strategies that contribute value to an organisation’s mission, goals, and bottom line. Your studies cover workforce design and navigating employment relations, supporting employee performance and influencing change. At UniSQ you will connect with industry partners and work on real-life issues and case studies as well as a group project in your final year of study.
Degree structure details
Recommended Study Pattern
The Enrolment Pattern for this program will be updated soon. In the meantime, please submit your contact details below for us to reach out and discuss the program further.