Bachelor of Business (Human Resource Management)
People skills to manage people
Core business theory underpins this human resource management specialisation where workready graduates become accredited HR practitioners. Explore current industry practice as you develop classic HR skills to support people and organisations to succeed.
The University of South Australia, UniSA, is ranked in the top 10 universities nationally and amongst the very best young universities in the world. They offer over 200 world-class degrees that are informed by industry and delivered with a highly practical approach to teaching and learning. In fact, they are South Australia’s number one university for graduate careers. They are a valuable partner with Open Universities Australia.
The Bachelor of Business (Human Resource Management) degree begins with core courses in business theory to help give you a good understanding of business fundamentals. This includes topics such as international business; business operations and intelligence and economics and accounting.
You’ll focus on people management – recruitment, training, performance and retention and develop technical, analytical and practical skills in areas such as:
- industrial relations
- employee compensation
- recruitment and selection
- performance management
- job design and analysis
- workplace health and safety
This degree will give you the opportunity to harness your new skills and apply what you’ve learned immediately into your everyday life.
HR graduates from the University of South Australia have gone on to roles in Australian and international companies including BHP Billiton, Coca Cola Amatil, BAE, Santos, Ernst and Young and Qantas.
Careers to consider include:
- recruitment consultant
- learning and development officer
- human resources administrator
- human resource manager
- occupational health, safety and welfare officer
The Bachelor of Business (Human Resource Management) is accredited by the Australian Human Resources Institute.
This UniSA Online degree is currently available for Commonwealth supported students.
Applicants are required to fulfil at least one of the following requirements with a competitive result and meet any other academic requirements for the program:
- successfully completed equivalent to a minimum of half a year of full-time study of a higher education program at a recognised higher education provider
- completed an award from a registered training organisation at Certificate IV level or above
- passed a UniSA Online literacy and numeracy test and have relevant work experience
- completed a secondary education qualification equivalent to SACE, such as an interstate year 12 or international qualification
- completed a UniSA Foundation Studies Program or equivalent
- qualified for Special Entry
For more information or if you are unsure of your eligibility please contact an OUA Student advisor on 1300 729 424
Information regarding credit can be found here:
Study HR On Demand and take full control over your study. Access support seven days a week, engage with unit content from day one, view learning resources 24/7, and log into the interactive online environment anywhere, any time and on any device.
If you’re seeking a successful career as a HR professional, this 100% online degree from UniSA Online will give you the skills and knowledge you need to achieve your career goals.
University of South Australia has extensive industry connections and global partnerships. These connections enable us to design curriculum that reflects the latest in HRM research and practice.
You’ll explore current industry practices and focus on people management – recruitment, training, performance and retention. As a UniSA Online graduate, you’ll gain a solid understanding of management systems and leadership skills in an international context.
Recognised by the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) the world’s largest human resource professional society, this human resource management degree will prepare you for a career in a global environment.
Recommended Study Pattern
Note: The program structure is subject to change at any time. (Information correct as at October 2017)
- Critical Approaches to Online Learning (CURR 3021)*
*This subject is common to all UniSA Online degrees and will be offered multiple times each year to enable students to commence their program of study at any time. Students who are studying part-time must take this subject first before they study any other subjects in their chosen degree. Students who are studying full time may take this subject and one other subject in the same study period.
- Business and Society (BUSS 1067)
- Accounting Principles for Business Decisions (ACCT 1010)
- Business Law (LAWS 1019)
- Quantitative Methods for Business (MATH 1075)
- Professional Development in Business (BUSS 1066)
- Marketing Principles: Trading and Exchange (MARK 1018)
- Principles of Economics (ECON 1010)
- Foundations of Human Resource Management (BUSS 2077)
- Work Health and Safety Management Principles (BUSS 1065)
- Business Operations (BUSS 2079)
- Training and Development (BUSS 2076)
- Performance and Compensation Management (BUSS 2075)
- Business Intelligence (INFS 2038)
- Management and Organisation (BUSS 2081)
- Employment Law (COML 2019)
- Staffing Organisations (BUSS 3091)
- Strategic Management (BUSS 3097)
- Management of Industrial Relations (BUSS 3090)
- International Business Environment (BUSS 2080)
- Strategic Human Resource Management (BUSS 3092)
^Two electives in the final year are required to be at an advanced level and must be chosen from the suggested electives list for this degree. Other electives may be chosen from the UniSA Online electives list. Subject pre-requisites must be satisfied.
*Recognition for prior learning (RPL) may be granted for this subject to students who have completed relevant work experience as per the UniSA Online RPL framework. Further credit will be assessed in line with the UniSA RPL policy.
Students must complete 24 subjects its including 4 electives
Choose your subjects
- UO Managing Decision Making - BUSS3095
- UO Organisational Leadership - BUSS3096
- UO Entrepreneurial Enterprises - BUSS3093
- UO International Management Ethics and Values - BUSS3094