Bachelor of Business (Finance)
Prepare for a career in the finance industry
Explore a range of finance areas including stockbroking and investments. With this online business degree, you’ll be prepped for roles in financial services and more. Get to know the markets. Delve into fintech. Unpack financial and statistical analysis.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- No dates available
As Australia’s #1 university for graduate starting salary (Good Universities Guide, 2022), University of Southern Queensland is the right place to make real progress. Regardless of your education history, your age or your aspirations, at UniSQ you’ll be inspired by quality learning experiences matched with top resources and research. Having delivered distance and online learning for over 40+ years, UniSQ supports you to learn at your own pace—exactly how it suits you.
Learn more about USQ.
Explore USQ courses.
QS Ranking 2024
Times Higher Education Ranking 2024
What you'll learn
Upon successful completion of the program, students will be able to:
1. Work autonomously and collaboratively to contribute to organisational initiatives by selecting and applying relevant theory to analyse and generate solutions to dynamic issues and changing landscapes.
2. Evaluate inputs from various sources and stakeholders to ensure that the interests of others, including organisational, societal, environmental, and professional expectations, are recognised.
3. Evaluate digital technologies, mechanisation, computerisation, and/or automation to support current and future business processes in the relevant domain of specialist expertise.
4. Communicate broad-level specialist advice to others to build professional credibility.
5. Exercise professional judgement using critical and reflective thinking and self-directed learning to continue developing as a self-reliant, ethical, and responsible professional.
6. Leverage a well-developed professional identity by exhibiting the human capabilities and knowledge demanded by modern organisations.
Your career opportunities will include financial services, banker, insurance, funds manager, financial analyst, industrial analyst, investment analyst, investment banker, security analyst, underwriter, options/future trader, treasury, foreign exchange trader/officer, share trader, financial markets dealer, corporate secretary, foreign exchange dealer, risk manager, lending officer, finance officer, corporate or policy adviser, business consultant, financial advisor and market research officer.
ATAR/Selection Rank + English Language Proficiency
Credit for previous study or work
Exemptions/credit will be assessed based on the UniSQ Credit and Exemption Procedure. Claims for credit for previous study should be submitted prior to or at the time of enrolment. Each claim will be assessed on individual merit in line with UniSQ policy.
With UniSQ’s Bachelor of Business (Finance) you will learn about the financial side of running a business, managing money and how companies create value for their shareholders. Explore the fundamentals of financial environments and modern analytical techniques, learning the ins and outs of business finance, personal financial planning, financial policy, foreign exchange risk, asset selection, stockbroking, investment management, international financial management and financial economics. Our flexible delivery allows you to study finance courses online wherever it suits you, or on-campus in Toowoomba or Springfield.
Degree structure details
Recommended Study Pattern
The Enrolment Pattern for this program will be updated soon. In the meantime, please submit your contact details below for us to reach out and discuss the program further.