Bachelor of Applied Entrepreneurship
Self-start and self-manage in business
Start-ups start here. You’ll explore sales, leadership, project-management, and investment. Learn from the best in business. Gain the knowledge, confidence, and skills to develop your business ideas. Build an ethical and sustainable enterprise.
Australian Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- No dates available
At Torrens University Australia you can tailor your study to suit your lifestyle. Thanks to their innovative digital learning system you’ll gain the ultimate in flexibility, and still receive personalised guidance from academics and access to work placement, mentorship and internship opportunities. Online you can attend live classes or view recorded sessions, connect with lecturers and fellow students, and access content on-demand 24/7.
Learn more about Torrens.
Explore Torrens courses.
What you'll learn
Our mission is to bridge the gap between education and industry by delivering a flexible and achievable degree with real career impact. Graduates will have broad and coherent knowledge of business fundamentals and how they have evolved within the modern digital landscape.
- Develop the skills required to self-start and self-manage work-related projects, including within digital environments. Students will gain strong self-directed learning skills through the online delivery, strongly positioning them for lifelong learning.
- Gain the ability to identify, analyse and solve legitimate business opportunities within both new and established organisations.
- Develop the skills to devise and test innovative business models.
- Develop a coherent knowledge and an ability to Identify growth opportunities in relevant markets.
- Gain knowledge of the ‘triple bottom line’ of business, considering the impacts business decisions have on not only financial outcomes but social and environmental outcomes as well.
- Develop skills specific to the program specialism required to be able to apply learnings in a real-world context.
As a Bachelor of Applied Business graduate, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to drive exciting and strategic organisational change, career progression in a variety of industries and environments, including established brands or start-ups. Potential career paths include:
- Start-Up Founder
- Management Consultant
- Business Innovator
Successful completion of a Higher Education or Vocational (AQF Level 4+) qualification.
Year 12 (or equivalent) - No ATAR required!
Work and Life
Demonstrated experience through employment and learning.
English Proficiency Requirements
Standard English language requirements apply.
Credit for previous study or work
Torrens University offers pathway opportunities to further your learning. If you have already completed a qualification you may be able to credit this against a degree with Torrens University, even if it’s from another institution. This is called Recognition of Prior Learning. Under Torrens University's Recognition of Prior Learning policy, you may be eligible for a reduction in tuition costs if you have previous study and/or work experience. Discuss your prior learning with our Enrolment Advisors. Use your management experience as an entry point.
Your start-up can take off while earning your degree. Master the secrets of sales, leadership, project management and investment. Learn from the best in the business and lead an established or new corporation. This is the online degree tailored for your career and busy schedule. Students participate in online self-directed learning experiences and given opportunities to bring together relevant theories and concepts, real world practice, and personal reflection to tackle real world business issues and problems. As a result, students develop analytical, evaluation, communication, team and leadership skills through self-reflection discovery and peer assisted learning.
Graduate with a Torrens University degree, enriched by the extra support from Ducere Global Business School. Added benefits of the partnership provide students with exclusive insights to 250+ Global Leaders (including learnings from Prime Ministers, Fortune-500 CEOs, and more), 100% applied online model with NO exams, and receive additional support as you need from a dedicated Graduate Coach.
Degree structure details
Recommended Study Pattern
18 Core Subjects
- Fundamentals of Management
- Fundamentals of Marketing
- Fundamentals of Entrepreneurship
- Fundamentals of Project Management
- Fundamentals of Leadership
- Business Model Analysis
- Corporate Structuring and Business Law
- Digital Business and Disruption
- Managing Money and Finance
- Practising Leadership
- Design Thinking for Business
- Big Data
- Social Enterprise
- Applied Entrepreneurship - Concept Development and Validation
- The Global Economy
- Management Strategy
- Advanced Digital Marketing
- Venture Capital Raising
Choose 6 electives to design your degree around your passions and interests, with subjects in Innovation, Marketing, Management, Strategy, Planning and Stakeholder Management. Contact an Enrolment Advisor for a full list of subject options.
Students are required to complete18 core subjects and 6 elective subjects to be eligible for the Bachelor of Applied Entrepreneurship.
Need a study break? Get your hard work recognised with formal qualification early exit options. Exit options for this course includes:
- Associate Degree in Applied Entrepreneurship
- Diploma of Applied Entrepreneurship