How to become a test analyst
What does a test analyst do?
Test analysts are highly trained individuals who manage and resolve technical issues related to hardware, software, and programming.
Duties and tasks
- Diagnose issues while troubleshooting problems in person, online, or over the phone.
- Establish and maintain quality assurance measures.
- Evaluate the usefulness of hardware and software and remove unnecessary components.
- Inspect and review work periodically to maintain strong working order.
- Test the integrity of systems within a network and those that have been newly established.
- Applications systems analyst
- Business systems analyst
- Data architect
- Network analyst
- Operations systems analyst
- Systems designer
- Web developer
Discover online data science courses
Step up your career with these resources
Is a career in project management right for you?
Do you get a kick out of thinking big and getting things done? You could make a great project manager.
Are microcredentials worth it?
You can study a microcredential in just about any industry, from healthcare and education to business and marketing. Here’s why these skills-based short courses are worth your time.
5 qualities that make you a leader vs a manager
While managers dole out tasks, leaders take things a step further by inspiring everyone around them. Discover how you can become this kind of leader, no matter where you work.
We're here to guide you there
Our student advisors can assist you with enrolment, help you plan your studies, and answer questions about how studying through Open Universities Australia can get you from where you are today, to where you want to be tomorrow.