How to become an IT sales professional
What does an IT sales professional do?Professionals who work in tech sales bring in revenue by selling technology solutions – hardware, software, and services – to customers.
Duties and tasks
- Explain the benefits of IT services and equipment to the customer, based on their business needs and encourage product and service sales.
- Keep updated records of all sales orders, payments scheduled and received and delivery schedules, installations and services provided.
- Organise equipment installation and schedule services for customers; follow up with customers to guarantee quality and satisfaction.
- Process sales orders, negotiating prices and contracts and scheduling payment details.
- Research potential customers through business directories and contacts, and set up meetings to meet with prospective clients.
- Update IT companies or sales managers of the potential clients met with, sales and new information and communication technology equipment and service recommendations.
Related jobs and job titles
- Account Manager
- IT Applications Consultant
- IT Marketing Officer
- IT Sales Consultant
- Sales Representative
- Software Consultant
- Technical Sales Representative
Discover related courses
Step up your career with these resources
Upskilling or reskilling now will give you more career options
Thanks to the pandemic, new technologies and calls for social progress, the world of work is changing. How will you stay ahead in your industry?
Edward on how OUA helped progress his career
When he realised the ease of online study, Edward's goals went from squeezing through with a 'pass', to achieving excellent marks.
The checklist to prepare your career for the 2020s
With the turn of the decade, and today's speedy technology advances, here's how employees can approach the next 10 years in the workforce feeling prepared, not panicked.