The Business of Leisure
Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
QS RANKING 2020
Times Higher Education Ranking 2020
Upon successful completion of this subject, students should be able to:
- Define and assess the influences on changing leisure participation in society
- Describe and analyse business activities in the leisure industry
- Identify and analyse new business opportunities in the leisure industry.
- Leisure concepts
- Leisure participation
- Mixed economy of leisure
- T20 revolution
- Leisure services
- Digital leisure
- Emerging and contemporary leisure
- The future of leisure
No eligibility requirements
No special requirements
Rapid social change impacts on the ways people socialise, spend their money, work and participate in leisure. The leisure industry is also going through rapid change with the emergence of new forms of leisure such as extreme sports, multi-purpose leisure centres, online gaming and adventure tourism. This subject introduces you to leisure industry components such as recreation, sport, entertainment and tourism to examine how businesses may leverage opportunities that arise with changes in leisure participation.
- A week of leisure (20%)
- Business report (30%)
- Leisure business opportunity (50%)