Quality Systems and Practice in Health and Community Services
Your upfront cost: $0
- 11 Jul 2022
QS RANKING 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
On successful completion of this subject the learner will be able to:
- Evaluate quality improvement principles and processes and explain how quality, safety, standards and outcomes are measured and reported in practice.
- Reflect upon and describe the role of the helping professional, consumer and organisation in continuous quality improvement.
- Communicate quality improvement solutions for practice-based issues and risks.
- Delivering quality consumer services
- Understanding the organisation
- Meeting external expectations
- Foundations of Quality & Safety Standards
- Applying Health and Community Service Standards
- Planning and implementing quality outcomes
- The Quality and Safety relationship
- Evaluating and adapting your professional practice
No eligibility requirements
No additional requirements
This subject will introduce you to the quality, safety and regulatory systems that govern service delivery, reporting and accreditation. Principles, policies, standards and guidelines will be considered in the context of the individual, the consumer and the organisation. A cycle of continuous quality improvement involving planning, implementation, evaluation and adaptation will be emphasised, including the central role of consumers in these processes. You will also explore the importance of organisational vision and values and individual role responsibility and accountability in the achievement of quality and safety outcomes.
This subject also introduces learning through practice by exposing you to authentic learning experiences. These experiences are placed at the centre of learning and assessment, so you have the opportunity to develop the skills, knowledge and behaviours necessary to respond to industry, community and/or global needs.
You will be introduced to:
- a range of methods, tools, techniques and approaches to practice
- principles and perspectives such as values, ethics, empathy and leadership in real world scenarios
- reflection and deliberative thinking as a means of developing knowledge, skills, attitudes and aspirations
- Quality and Safety Analysis (25%)
- Review of Standards and Accreditation (40%)
- Quality Improvement Case Study (35%)
Current study term: 10 Jul 22 to 16 Oct 22
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.