Your upfront cost: $0
- 20 Jul 2020
QS RANKING 2020
Times Higher Education Ranking 2020
Upon successful completion of this subject, students should be able to:
- Identify and describe the fundamental principles and processes of quality and quality management
- Identify, evaluate and apply quality improvement tools
- Analyse causes of quality management issues and recommend quality improvement solutions
- Introduction to quality and total quality management
- Customer focus
- Quality by design
- Quality management systems and quality management tools
- Evidence based decision making and leadership
- Engagement of people and relationship management
- Continuous improvement
No eligibility requirements
No special requirements
Quality management focuses on the quality of physical products as well as services and processes, and how they can be improved. The principles and processes of quality management are the key elements that businesses use to respond to market and customers’ needs and maintain business viability through improved efficiency, product quality and safety, and improvement of service delivery.
Quality management is comprised of the four key components of quality planning, quality control, quality assurance and quality improvement. In this subject, you will explore these four components and how they impact on issues such as customer focus, customer value, continuous improvement, process improvement and total quality management.
- Importance of quality management (20%)
- Quality management tools: Case study (30%)
- Quality improvement proposal and portfolio (50%)
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.