Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
- 24 Feb 2020
QS RANKING 2020
Times Higher Education Ranking 2020
Upon successful completion of this subject students should be able to:
- Identify and use appropriate and relevant online resources and technologies in higher education
- Communicate biological information in a variety of ways
- Identify, describe and illustrate the fundamental concepts of the human nervous system
- Apply knowledge of academic integrity in online activities
- Topics to be confirmed via LMS at the start of the study term
No eligibility requirements
No special requirements
Neuroscience is the study of how the nervous system works, how the cells of the system are organised and how they develop and change in the presence of common pathological conditions, including dementia. Through learning the fundamental principles of neuroscience, students are supported to develop the necessary academic and technological skills to become successful in online study. Students learn how to access and interpret different forms of scientific literature, and develop a neuroscience vocabulary that will form the springboard for further studies in their degree path.
- Quizzes (10%)
- Discussion board task (20%)
- Written assignment (35%)
- Oral presentation (35%)
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.