Media, Self, Identity
Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
QS RANKING 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
Upon successful completion of this subject, students should be able to:
- Explain key concepts and debates in media and cultural studies
- Analyse and evaluate media texts from theoretical and practical perspectives
- Discuss how media informs and represents identity
- Reflect on and evaluate your theoretical and practical approach to the production of media content
- Study schedule to be announced prior to the commencement of the study term.
No eligibility requirements
No additional requirements
The shift from mass communication to mass self-communication is one of the most important shifts in recent human society. Mobile communication networks allow us to produce and share content like never before which is challenging and changing our notions of our public, private and secret selves and our understandings of individuality and community. In this subject, we explore and challenge our understanding of how our use of communication technology is transforming ourselves and our world.
- Short essay questions (30%)
- Online Journal (30%)
- Reflexive Essay (40%)