Introduction to Therapeutic Approaches for Dementia
Your upfront cost: $0
- 13 Jul 2020
QS RANKING 2020
Times Higher Education Ranking 2020
On completion of this unit you will be able to:
- Identify and explain modifiable and non-modifiable risk factors for dementia
- Identify and examine the concepts of ‘therapy’ and ‘therapeutic approaches’ for people with dementia
- Explore and discuss the various therapeutic options for enhancing quality of life for people with dementia, including community-based, individual, non-pharmacological and pharmacological approaches.
- Topics to be confirmed via LMS upon commencement of the study term
No eligibility requirements
No special requirements
In this unit you will gain knowledge of modifiable and non-modifiable risk factors for dementia, and of contemporary strategies to dementia therapies. You will be introduced to varied approaches to supporting quality of life for people with dementia, including community-based and individual approaches, as well as non-pharmacological and pharmacological approaches.
- Quizzes (10%)
- Short answer questions (30%)
- Discussion posts (30%)
- Presentation (30%)
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.