Introduction to Japanese 1A
Your upfront cost: $0
- 20 Feb 2023
Australia’s fourth oldest university, the University of Tasmania, is highly regarded internationally for teaching and academic excellence. The university offers more than 100 undergraduate degrees and more than 50 postgraduate programs across a range of disciplines. The university offers students a diverse range of opportunities, the chance to learn from leading experts, and excellent preparation for their future careers.
Learn more about UTAS.
QS Ranking 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
Our student advisors are here to guide you with:
- Enrolling and eligibility
- Fee and loan information
- Credit and recognition for prior learning
On completion of this unit, you will be able to:
- Construct subjects of meaning making use of the basic elements of the Japanese language, particularly syllabary, vocabulary, and sentence structure.
- Interpret and summarise meaning of basic written and spoken Japanese.
- Integrate cultural and linguistic consideration into written and verbal communication.
- Refer to Mylo for study topics
No eligibility requirements
No additional requirements
This is an introductory subject for students with little or no prior knowledge of Japanese. This subject has an emphasis on the interactive use of the Japanese language. It develops competence in basic spoken and written Japanese. The subject also provides a competence base in grammatical knowledge and oral/aural skills. While a key goal of this subject is the acquisition of communication skills in Japanese, the subject also provides the basic knowledge of cross-cultural communication by exploring the linguistic and cultural differences between English and Japanese.
- Online Quiz 1 (30%)
- Online Quiz 2 (40%)
- Cheat Sheet (10%)
- Trip Advisor Powerpoint (20%)
For textbook details check your university's handbook, website or learning management system (LMS).