International Business Management
Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
Subjects may require attendance
- 22 Feb 2021
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
Upon completion of this subject, the student should be able to:
- Understand how the influence and significance of international environments impact on the management of international businesses
- Evaluate the impact of relevant cultural and ethical issues to international business operations
- Assess the role of strategic planning and effective leadership in determining the success of managing an international business.
- 1 INTRODUCTION TO INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS COMMUNICATION
- 2 Written communication: business writing
- 3 Written communication: research and academic writing
- 4 Oral communication: public presentations and visual aids
- 5 Interpersonal communication
- 6 Conflict and negotiation skills
- 7 Intercultural communication
- 8 Organisational communication: an introduction
- 9 Organisational communication: teams and work groups
- 10 Organisational communication: knowledge management and social media
- 11 Organisational communication: customer service and public relations
No eligibility requirements
No special requirements
The primary aim of this subject is to introduce you to business management concepts and practice with particular emphasis on international business. The subject includes topics which will explore contemporary management theories and their application in a complex international environment. An important part of the subject is the attention given to human aspects of management which have added complexity in an international environment. The topics covered encompass the fundamentals of management that are vital to the successful operation of any business.
- ONLINE QUIZ (10%)
- Closed Book (40%)
- MARKET ATTRACTIVENESS (20%)
- INTERNATIONALISATION RISKS AND STRATEGY (30%)
Current study term: 21 Feb 21 to 30 May 21
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.