Health Pedagogy 1
Your upfront cost: $0
- 20 Feb 2023
Australia’s fourth oldest university, the University of Tasmania, is highly regarded internationally for teaching and academic excellence. The university offers more than 100 undergraduate degrees and more than 50 postgraduate programs across a range of disciplines. The university offers students a diverse range of opportunities, the chance to learn from leading experts, and excellent preparation for their future careers.
Learn more about UTAS.
QS Ranking 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
Our student advisors are here to guide you with:
- Enrolling and eligibility
- Fee and loan information
- Credit and recognition for prior learning
Upon completion of this subject, the student should be able to:
- Use knowledge of health and health education to justify your opinion on current health-related issues in Australia.
- Select, discuss and justify a broad range of strategies for involving parents/carers in the health education process.
- Evaluate youth health education resources and programs.
- Refer to Mylo for study topics
No eligibility requirements
No additional requirements
This is the first of four subjects of study that focuses on contemporary issues relating to the health of young people in Australian society. The subject emphasis follows the Teaching as Inquiry model by having a focus inquiry, whereby you will examine a range of sensitive health topics including: mental health; body image; positive relationships and communication; loss and grief; sexuality education and drug education, and their importance for young people. These content areas are explored within the context of the Australian Curriculum by identifying appropriate learning experiences for primary and high school levels.
- Public Communication (20%)
- Case Study (40%)
- Assignment (40%)
Current study term: 19 Feb 23 to 28 May 23
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.