Health Pedagogy 1
Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
QS RANKING 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
Upon completion of this subject, the student should be able to:
- use knowledge of health and health education to justify your opinion on current health-related issues in Australia
- select, discuss and justify a broad range of strategies for involving parents/carers in the health education proces
- evaluate youth health education resources and programs
- Module 1: Understanding Health
- Module 2: Health within the H&PE context
- Module 3: Health education resources
- Synthesis and summary
No eligibility requirements
No additional requirements
This is the first of four subjects of study that focuses on contemporary issues relating to the health of young people in Australian society. The subject emphasis follows the Teaching as Inquiry model by having a focus inquiry, whereby you will examine a range of sensitive health topics including: mental health; body image; positive relationships and communication; loss and grief; sexuality education and drug education, and their importance for young people. These content areas are explored within the context of the Australian Curriculum by identifying appropriate learning experiences for primary and high school levels.
- Letter to the editor (20%)
- Case study: Engaging parents in health education. (40%)
- Health education resource analysis (40%)
Current study term: 20 Feb 22 to 29 May 22
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.