Foundations of University Study in Dementia Care
Your upfront cost: $0
- 11 Jul 2022
QS RANKING 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
Upon completion of this subject students should be able to:
- Use academic skills to summarise texts and resources
- Prepare and write foundation level academic texts
- Use paraphrasing and referencing conventions to demonstrate academic integrity in academic writing
- Use and reflect on strategies for academic study and communication
- Getting a good start
- Academic Integrity
No eligibility requirements
No additional requirements
In this subject, you will learn to write for success in tertiary study and develop academic study skills.
This subject will develop your self-motivation, time management, planning and organisational skills.
In this subject you will also begin to develop learning skills that will be useful throughout your university career. These include listening and reading effectively, taking notes, reflecting on your learning, using visual learning tools, learning through feedback, and structuring and writing various types of academic written communication. These skills will be taught and used within the context of dementia and aged care.
- Summary (10%)
- Plan and Draft Writing (30%)
- Written assignment (40%)
- Study plan and reflection (20%)
Current study term: 10 Jul 22 to 16 Oct 22
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.