Your upfront cost: $0
- 11 Jul 2022
QS RANKING 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
Upon completion of this subject, the student should be able to:
- Envisage and analyse the potential impact of new technologies
- Describe the functionality of selected emerging technologies
- Discuss the need and use for emerging technologies in real world applications
- Design and propose a staged implementation strategy for new industry applications
- Study schedules will be released before semester commencement
No eligibility requirements
No additional requirements
In this subject you will scan the horizon of emerging and disruptive technologies and be introduced to those most likely to become mainstream in the future such as Blockchain, Artificial Intelligence and Virtual and Augmented Reality. You will learn about the functionality of new technologies, their operations, capability and how they are applied in industry, both locally and globally. The impact of new technology and its ethical implications will be explored through industry case studies. You will learn ways of developing strategies for implementing new technologies in the context of your discipline through a technology functionality investigation, developing an implementation plan, and participating in a peer review process.
In conjunction with discipline theory, this subject builds on concepts of learning through practice by introducing you to:
- discipline-based skills and knowledge in dynamic practice situations. This will include authentic and purposeful, industry-related experiences
- concepts of managing effective relationships and communicating with others
- the development and use of adaptive leadership skills and how these skills relate to innovative and entrepreneurial practice
- the nature of responsible, accountable and reflective workplace skills, and creative and critical thinking relevant to para-professional practice
You will exercise self-awareness, initiative and judgement to manage yourself and professional relationships effectively. The application of tacit knowledge and capabilities will be reflected in a Practice Manual.
- Functionality Diagram (30%)
- Case Study Report (30%)
- Implementation strategy & Peer review (40%)
Current study term: 10 Jul 22 to 16 Oct 22
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.