Education Support in Practice
Your upfront cost: $0
- 12 Jul 2021
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
Upon completion of this subject, the student should be able to:
- Evaluate effective practices in supporting learning.
- Articulate the purpose of various teaching strategies and the theoretical base which underpins these.
- Engage in action research to explore effective learning support.
- Reflect on the application of skills and knowledge in supporting students and their learning.
- Topics will be provided via the university's LMS
No eligibility requirements
No special requirements
This subject will assist you to develop your understanding of working with children in the classroom in a support capacity. It will provide opportunities to engage in practical activities through work-integrated learning, online collaboration, and discussion. The subject has a specific focus on differentiated support and planning, and theory relevant to providing effective classroom support.
- AT2: Learning support activity: Design and rationale (40%)
- Learning support activity: Implementation and reflection (40%)
- Identifying and evaluating theory in practice essay (20%)
Current study term: 11 Jul 21 to 17 Oct 21
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.