Your upfront cost: $0
- 12 Jul 2021
Australia’s fourth oldest university, the University of Tasmania, is highly regarded internationally for teaching and academic excellence. The university offers more than 100 undergraduate degrees and more than 50 postgraduate programs across a range of disciplines. The university offers students a diverse range of opportunities, the chance to learn from leading experts, and excellent preparation for their future careers.
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
Upon completion of this subject, students should be able to:
- Identify and describe entrepreneurial qualities and practices in creative industries
- Evaluate and test the viability of entrepreneurial ideas
- Apply design thinking to the development of a viable entrepreneurial idea
- Reflect on entrepreneurial practice and opportunities for self development
- To be confirmed prior to commencement.
No eligibility requirements
No special requirements
This unit introduces you to entrepreneurial opportunities and gives you the theory behind developing, pricing and promoting and goods and services. Creative entrepreneurs look outside existing social, economic and cultural paradigms to create new and innovative partnerships. They cultivate new markets for existing products and services. They engage in research and development to create new solutions to contemporary problems. In this unit, you will examine the role and activities of entrepreneurs working in creative industries, consider the socio-economic value of creative entrepreneurship, and analyse the mindset of the creative entrepreneur. You will also develop a business model for a marketable product or service.
- Business Model Canvas (40%)
- Case Study (30%)
- Entrepreneur Project Portfolio (30%)
Current study term: 11 Jul 21 to 17 Oct 21
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.