Construction Project Management
Your upfront cost: $0
- 10 Jul 2023
Australia’s fourth oldest university, the University of Tasmania, is highly regarded internationally for teaching and academic excellence. The university offers more than 100 undergraduate degrees and more than 50 postgraduate programs across a range of disciplines. The university offers students a diverse range of opportunities, the chance to learn from leading experts, and excellent preparation for their future careers.
Learn more about UTAS.
QS Ranking 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
Our student advisors are here to guide you with:
- Enrolling and eligibility
- Fee and loan information
- Credit and recognition for prior learning
Upon completion of this subject , the student should be able to:
- Identify and apply construction project management concepts and tools.
- Analyse and evaluate construction project planning processes and techniques.
- Investigate, formulate and communicate construction project management plans.
- Introduction to Construction Project Management & Practices
- Project Lifecycle / Knowledge Areas
- Project Initiation
- Project Planning –Scope, Time & Cost Estimation
- Project Scheduling, Critical Path Analysis
- Project Governance, Integration & Reporting
- Stakeholder Identification & Reporting
- Risk Identification & Management
- Project Execution & Scope Management
- Project Quality, Innovation & Continuous Improvement
- Project Tools, Tips & Tricks from Industry
- Introduction to Assessment 3
- HR Planning & Tools, Organisational Balance, Benefits Management & Procurement
- Earned Value Management
- Project Closure, Lessons Learned, Benefits Realisation
- Recap/Wrap Up
You won't be able to enrol into this subject if you've already successfully completed or currently enrolled in the following subject(s) as they are considered anti-requisites due to the similarity of the content.
No additional requirements
In this subject you will learn project management concepts, tools and processes used in the formulation, delivery and management of construction projects. Your learning will focus on practical examples and incorporate analysis of construction project case studies. You will develop skills in construction project management processes, project troubleshooting, and formulation of a detailed project plan. This subject will include tutorials and workshops with guest speakers from industry and provide you with the opportunity to consolidate your learnings from other subjects.
Note: We recommend completing this unit last as per the recommended study pattern for Diploma of Construction Management (TAS-CMG-DIP).
- Project Management Quiz and Knowledge Workbook (15%)
- Project Plan (40%)
- Construction Project Delivery Plan (45%)
For textbook details check your university's handbook, website or learning management system (LMS).