Your upfront cost: $0
- 26 Jun 2023
The University of South Australia, UniSA, is ranked in the top 10 universities nationally and amongst the very best young universities in the world. They offer over 200 world-class degrees that are informed by industry and delivered with a highly practical approach to teaching and learning. In fact, they are South Australia’s number one university for graduate careers. They are a valuable partner with Open Universities Australia.
Learn more about UniSA.
QS Ranking 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
Our student advisors are here to guide you with:
- Enrolling and eligibility
- Fee and loan information
- Credit and recognition for prior learning
By the end of this 10-week course, you’ll be able to:
- Master the tools and techniques involved in creating modern web applications.
- Communicate professionally with clients.
- Manage and implement a web design project and its requirements.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the considerations regarding online privacy, security and copyright.
- Demonstrate an understanding and discuss critical issues such as accessibility, usability and internationalisation.
- Foundations of Web Design
- Usability and Accessibility in Web Design
- Pitching to Web Design Clients
- Media and Assets
- CSS (Cascading Style Sheets)
- Responsive Design and CSS Frameworks
- Enhancing your Website Design
- Validation and Accessibility Checks
- Design Feedback
No eligibility requirements
No additional requirements
Learn to interpret client briefs, ideate web designs, and build your own website. This course is designed to simulate a true web design studio and emulate the process design professionals undertake when working with clients. You’ll experience the entire design process which starts at the client briefing right through to a finished website.
Learn how to manage and work with a range of clients. Discover how to prepare a winning pitch and develop a design brief. Learn to use HTML and CSS to construct and apply styles to your web pages. Your final website will be a responsive web design that can be viewed across multiple devices such as computer screens and smartphones.
UniSA Online’s 10-week short courses give you the flexibility to upskill in a certain area, stay current with developments in your field, diversify your knowledge, or even explore a new direction in your career – without having to commit to the time and cost of a full university degree.
Delivered 100% online, you’ll be able to study where and when it suits you. Access online academic and student support seven days a week, fit study around work and life commitments, view learning resources 24/7, and log in to the interactive online environment anywhere, any time and on any device.
This is a third-year course from UniSA Online’s Bachelor of Digital Media degree. Please note: you are responsible for completing any relevant prerequisite courses before enrolling in this course.
Should your course have an exam it will be scheduled for Australian Central Standard Time or Australian Central Daylight Time, depending on the time of the year.
- Continuous Assessment - 2700 words (60%)
- Project - 1800 words (40%)
Current study term: 25 Jun 23 to 01 Sep 23
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.