Transition to Employment
Your upfront cost: $0
- 28 Jun 2021
The University of South Australia, UniSA, is ranked in the top 10 universities nationally and amongst the very best young universities in the world. They offer over 200 world-class degrees that are informed by industry and delivered with a highly practical approach to teaching and learning. In fact, they are South Australia’s number one university for graduate careers. They are a valuable partner with Open Universities Australia.
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
By the end of this 10-week course, you’ll be able to:
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of the dynamic political and social contexts of consumer directed care.
- Outline the characteristics and attributes of key health workers that provide an outstanding service to the communities they serve.
- Describe how your emerging professional identity influences your relationships with consumers and other professionals.
- Discuss the ethical dilemmas, in terms of positive and negative consequences, for self and others arising from your decisions.
- Demonstrate professional proficiency skills.
- Community Health History and Governance in Australia
- Theory and Practice of Consumer Directed Care
- Provision of Community Health in Australia
- Values-based Practice in Action
- Ethics Theory
- Ethics in Practice
- Understanding Self and Your Skills and Attributes
- Career Management
- Management Practice in Community Health Settings
- Workplace Understanding
No eligibility requirements
No special requirements
This course provides you with the knowledge and skills to work professionally, ethically and effectively in the community health setting. Specifically, you will learn about community health service provisions, professional identity of community health workers, explore ethical issues associated with working in the health industry, and practical skills in career management.
UniSA Online’s 10-week short courses give you the flexibility to upskill in a certain area, stay current with developments in your field, diversify your knowledge, or even explore a new direction in your career – without having to commit to the time and cost of a full university degree.
Delivered 100% online, you’ll be able to study where and when it suits you. Access online academic and student support seven days a week, fit study around work and life commitments, view learning resources 24/7, and log in to the interactive online environment anywhere, any time and on any device.
This is a third-year course from UniSA Online’s Bachelor of Community Health degree. Please note: you are responsible for completing any relevant prerequisite courses before enrolling in this course.
- Presentation - 30 minutes (30%)
- Portfolio - 3500 words (70%)
Current study term: 27 Jun 21 to 03 Sep 21
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.