Training and Development
Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
The University of South Australia, UniSA, is ranked in the top 10 universities nationally and amongst the very best young universities in the world. They offer over 200 world-class degrees that are informed by industry and delivered with a highly practical approach to teaching and learning. In fact, they are South Australia’s number one university for graduate careers. They are a valuable partner with Open Universities Australia.
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
By the end of this 10-week course, you’ll be able to:
- Discuss the role of training and development in relationship with organisational strategy.
- Examine the roles and competencies of training professionals in learning organisations.
- Explain how learning theories affect training and development activities.
- Apply instructional design principles to training and development processes.
- Explore the use of e-learning and performance support technologies.
- Apply theory and concepts to a range of work-related problems and case studies.
- Demonstrate Business Enterprise Skills in the context of the Human Resource Management discipline.
- Training and Development in Context
- Strategic Planning
- Training Professionals
- Needs Assessment
- Learning Theories and Program Design
- Transfer of Training
- Training Methods
- Mentoring and Coaching
No eligibility requirements
No special requirements
Having a skilled, motivated and knowledgeable workforce is key to an organisation's competitive advantage. In this course, you’ll gain the skills and knowledge to assist you to plan for, and manage learning, training
and development in an organisation. This course will help to develop your understanding of how people learn and how learning environments can be analysed, developed, and sustained.
UniSA Online’s 10-week short courses give you the flexibility to upskill in a certain area, stay current with developments in your field, diversify your knowledge, or even explore a new direction in your career – without having to commit to the time and cost of a full university degree.
Delivered 100% online, you’ll be able to study where and when it suits you. Access online academic and student support seven days a week, fit study around work and life commitments, view learning resources 24/7, and log in to the interactive online environment anywhere, any time and on any device.
This is a second-year course from UniSA Online’s Bachelor of Business (Human Resource Management) and the Bachelor of Psychology.