Taxation Law 1
Your upfront cost: $0
Subjects may require attendance
The University of South Australia, UniSA, is ranked in the top 10 universities nationally and amongst the very best young universities in the world. They offer over 200 world-class degrees that are informed by industry and delivered with a highly practical approach to teaching and learning. In fact, they are South Australia’s number one university for graduate careers. They are a valuable partner with Open Universities Australia.
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
By the end of this 10-week course, you’ll be able to:
- Discuss and apply the operation of the income tax legislation and associated legislation, particularly in respect of the topics covered in the syllabus.
- Explain the part that case law plays in the interpretation of the legislation.
- Explain the basic operation of the capital gains regime and its part in the income tax system.
- Describe basic tax planning.
- Explain the administrative aspects of taxation, including assessments, amendments, objections, and appeals.
- Examine policy issues underpinning the income tax system.
- Demonstrate Business Enterprise Skills in the context of the Accounting discipline.
- Ordinary income
- Derivation of income: statutory and exempt income
- Residence, Capital Gains Tax (CGT)
- General deductions
- Specific deductions
- Capital allowances, trading stock
- Taxation of trusts, taxation of minors
- Taxation of companies, dividend imputation
- Tax avoidance, tax planning
No eligibility requirements
No additional requirements
This course has been specifically designed to satisfy professional accounting requirements. Build on your existing knowledge of accounting concepts and procedures. Explore the income tax system and relevant legislation. Leave with the skills to apply the law to address income tax issues.
UniSA Online’s 10-week short courses give you the flexibility to upskill in a certain area, stay current with developments in your field, diversify your knowledge, or even explore a new direction in your career – without having to commit to the time and cost of a full university degree.
Delivered 100% online, you’ll be able to study where and when it suits you. Access online academic and student support seven days a week, fit study around work and life commitments, view learning resources 24/7, and log in to the interactive online environment anywhere, any time and on any device.
This is a third-year course from UniSA Online’s Accounting degree. Please note: you are responsible for completing any relevant prerequisite courses before enrolling in this course.
- Assignment (30%)
- Examination (70%)
Current study term: 19 Sep 21 to 26 Nov 21
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.