Sustainable Engineering Practice
Your upfront cost: $0
- 19 Sep 2022
QS RANKING 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
By the end of this 10-week course, you’ll be able to:
- Describe the role of the civil, electrical, and mechanical engineer in modern society.
- Reflect on and demonstrate self-awareness of strengths and weaknesses relative to the attributes of professional engineers.
- Demonstrate an awareness of the socio-cultural, safety, ethical, global and sustainable contexts in which engineering is practised.
- Develop a solution to an engineering problem using inclusive teamwork skills and applying basic project management principles.
- Demonstrate professional oral, written and visual communication skills appropriate for engineering practice.
- Sustainable and professional practice
- Human-centred design
- Cultural awareness, community consultation & inclusive collaboration
- Ideate and written communication
- Sustainable development
- Career planning and development
- Professional profile and resume
- Oral communication
- Contributing as an Engineer
No eligibility requirements
No additional requirements
This course will introduce you to the engineering profession and how it is practised within a ‘sustainable’ context. You will learn about possible future roles, the current work environment, professional attributes of engineers, engineering ethics and sustainability. This is vital information for you to start managing your future career.
We will also help you to develop some core skills and personal attributes you will need as a 21st century professional engineer, such as locating and using information, critical analysis and reflective practice, effective teamwork, intercultural skills, engineering report writing and effective presentation skills. You will develop these skills and understandings as you work with your peers and advisers on real engineering problems in diverse Australian and international contexts.
UniSA Online’s 10-week short courses give you the flexibility to upskill in a certain area, stay current with developments in your field, diversify your knowledge, or even explore a new direction in your career – without having to commit to the time and cost of a full university degree.
Delivered 100% online, you’ll be able to study where and when it suits you. Access online academic and student support seven days a week, fit study around work and life commitments, view learning resources 24/7, and log in to the interactive online environment anywhere, any time and on any device.
This is a course from UniSA Online’s Associate Degree in Engineering.
Should your course have an exam it will be scheduled for Australian Central Standard Time or Australian Central Daylight Time, depending on the time of the year.
Current study term: 18 Sep 22 to 25 Nov 22
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.