Your upfront cost: $0
Subjects may require attendance
- 28 Jun 2021
The University of South Australia, UniSA, is ranked in the top 10 universities nationally and amongst the very best young universities in the world. They offer over 200 world-class degrees that are informed by industry and delivered with a highly practical approach to teaching and learning. In fact, they are South Australia’s number one university for graduate careers. They are a valuable partner with Open Universities Australia.
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
By the end of this 10-week course, you’ll be able to:
- Summarise the functions of the superannuation industry and its legislative requirements and analyse their implications for industry participants and the conduct of their business.
- Appraise the role of superannuation as a savings and investment vehicle for the funding of retirement benefits.
- Analyse the stages of superannuation, contribution, accumulation, and receipt of benefits, and the tax considerations and strategies associated with each stage.
- Evaluate the preservation of superannuation benefits and draw conclusions on the conditions relevant to their release.
- Investigate the relationships between superannuation and estate planning and assess and apply these links to the development of financial plans over the client's financial lifecycle.
- Demonstrate Business Enterprise Skills in the context of the Financial Planning discipline.
- Superannuation in Australia
- Regulation and Operation of Superannuation Funds
- Taxation of Superannuation Funds
- Superannuation Contributions
- Self-managed Superannuation Funds
- Fund Preservation and Conditions of Release
- Superannuation Benefits
- Retirement Strategies
- Superannuation Death Benefits
No eligibility requirements
No special requirements
Superannuation advice and strategies are a fundamental component of most financial plans in Australia. Clients are often bewildered by superannuation laws, taxes and strategies. Mastering your understanding of superannuation will enable you to explain these concepts to your clients – this is a key component of your success as a financial adviser.
This course will provide you with a comprehensive overview of the role of the superannuation system, the regulation of superannuation funds, how superannuation is taxed, contribution types, self-managed superannuation funds, preservation of benefits and conditions of release, types of benefits, retirement strategies, and superannuation death benefits.
UniSA Online’s 10-week short courses give you the flexibility to upskill in a certain area, stay current with developments in your field, diversify your knowledge, or even explore a new direction in your career – without having to commit to the time and cost of a full university degree.
Delivered 100% online, you’ll be able to study where and when it suits you. Access online academic and student support seven days a week, fit study around work and life commitments, view learning resources 24/7, and log in to the interactive online environment anywhere, any time and on any device.
This is a third-year course from UniSA Online’s Financial Planning degree. Please note: you are responsible for completing any relevant prerequisite courses before enrolling in this course.
- Analysis - 1200 words (45%)
- Invigilated Exam - 3 hours (55%%)
Current study term: 27 Jun 21 to 03 Sep 21
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.