Strategic Financial Analysis
Your upfront cost: $0
- 03 Apr 2023
- 18 Sep 2023
The University of South Australia, UniSA, is ranked in the top 10 universities nationally and amongst the very best young universities in the world. They offer over 200 world-class degrees that are informed by industry and delivered with a highly practical approach to teaching and learning. In fact, they are South Australia’s number one university for graduate careers. They are a valuable partner with Open Universities Australia.
Learn more about UniSA.
Explore UniSA courses.
QS Ranking 2023
Times Higher Education Ranking 2023
Our student advisors are here to guide you with:
- Enrolling and eligibility
- Fee and loan information
- Credit and recognition for prior learning
By the end of this 10-week course, you’ll be able to:
- Assess macroeconomic factors, business strategy, corporate governance and ethics in a business environment to enhance interpretation of a firm's financial statements.
- Provide critical financial assessments of the firm's operating, financing and investment decisions relative to its historical performance and the contemporary performance of its competitors and peers.
- Undertake forecasts for valuation, strategy and policy analyses using financial statements and other sources of business and economic information.
- Develop teamwork skills and oral communication skills to present complex accounting and finance information to a non-specialist audience.
- Demonstrate Business Enterprise Skills in the context of Accounting and Finance.
- Macroeconomic Analysis and a Framework for Business Analysis and Valuation
- Strategy Analysis
- Ethics and Governance
- Accounting and Financial Analysis
- Forecasting 1: Prospecting Analysis
- Forecasting 2: Valuation Theory and Concepts
- Equity Security Analysis
- Credit Analysis and Distress Prediction
- Mergers and Acquisitions
No eligibility requirements
No additional requirements
Financial statements are used widely by professionals in a large range of positions and industries. Analysts use financial statement analysis to rate and value companies, investment bankers utilise it for buyouts, mergers and acquisitions, and a wide range of consulting professionals require them to competitively analyse their clients’ past performance and prospects.
This course is designed to improve your conceptual grasp of the role and practical application of financial statements in business analysis. Learn about valuation, credit assessment, strategic decision-making, and assessment of corporate governance and regulatory compliance.
UniSA Online’s 10-week short courses give you the flexibility to upskill in a certain area, stay current with developments in your field, diversify your knowledge, or even explore a new direction in your career – without having to commit to the time and cost of a full university degree.
Delivered 100% online, you’ll be able to study where and when it suits you. Access online academic and student support seven days a week, fit study around work and life commitments, view learning resources 24/7, and log in to the interactive online environment anywhere, any time and on any device.
This is a third-year course from UniSA Online’s Financial Planning degree. Please note: you are responsible for completing any relevant prerequisite courses before enrolling in this course.
Should your course have an exam it will be scheduled for Australian Central Standard Time or Australian Central Daylight Time, depending on the time of the year.
- Case study (40%)
- Case study (60%)
For textbook details check your university's handbook, website or learning management system (LMS).