Strategic Financial Analysis
Scrutinise business analysis processes and frameworks.
Leaf through a firm's financial statements and assess their strategies. Find out how mergers and acquisitions work. Pore over corporate governance and regulatory compliance requirements.
Your upfront cost: $0
- 26 May 2019
- 24 Nov 2019
The University of South Australia, UniSA, is ranked in the top 10 universities nationally and amongst the very best young universities in the world. They offer over 200 world-class degrees that are informed by industry and delivered with a highly practical approach to teaching and learning. In fact, they are South Australia’s number one university for graduate careers. They are a valuable partner with Open Universities Australia.
At the completion of this subject students will be able to:
- Examine the role of financial statements in the analysis of business strategy, performance appraisal and monitoring, valuation, credit assessment, and stakeholder reporting.
- Utilise financial statement information to undertake assessments of a firm's business, competitive and corporate strategy decisions, and its position and sustainability within its industry sector.
- Discuss how accounting rules, regulations and conventions impact the interpretation and use of financial statements in business analysis.
- Provide critical financial assessments of the firm's operating, financing and investment decisions relative to its own historical performance and to the contemporary performance of its competitors and peers.
- Identify the role for and requirements of financial statement information in appraisals of governance and regulatory compliance.
- Undertake forecasts for valuation, strategy and policy analyses using financial statements and other sources of business and economic information..
- Introduction: A Framework for Business Analysis and Valuation
- Strategy Analysis
- Accounting Analysis and Implementation
- Financial Analysis
- Communication and Governance
- Prospective Analysis 1: Forecasting
- Prospective Analysis 2: Valuation Theory and Implementation
- Credit analysis
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Discussion forum/Discussion Board
- Online assignment submission
- Resources and Links
- Printable format materials
You must have successfully completed the following subject(s) before starting this subject:
Prior to enrolling, students must have either completed or received credit for 16 subjects (subjects) of study from the University of South Australia's Bachelor of Accounting.
No special requirements
This subject is designed to improve students’ conceptual grasp of the role and practical application of financial statements in business analysis, particularly as it applies to valuation, credit assessment, strategic decision-making, and assessment of corporate governance and regulatory compliance.
- 1500 words (40%)
- 1500 words (40%)
- continuous assessment (20%)
Click on the titles of the listed books below to find out more:
Textbook information is pending.