Recruitment and Selection of Organisational Talent
Your upfront cost: $0
- 09 Jan 2023
The University of South Australia, UniSA, is ranked in the top 10 universities nationally and amongst the very best young universities in the world. They offer over 200 world-class degrees that are informed by industry and delivered with a highly practical approach to teaching and learning. In fact, they are South Australia’s number one university for graduate careers. They are a valuable partner with Open Universities Australia.
Learn more about UniSA.
QS Ranking 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
Our student advisors are here to guide you with:
- Enrolling and eligibility
- Fee and loan information
- Credit and recognition for prior learning
By the end of this 10-week course, you’ll be able to:
- Undertake workforce planning recognising external and internal workforce conditions.
- Plan and conduct a job analysis to develop a job description and specification.
- Critically evaluate methods of recruitment and selection, recognising social, legal, ethical, and business issues as well as changing workforce demographics and technology.
- Plan, manage, implement, and evaluate appropriate recruitment and selection and onboarding strategies for an organisation.
- Develop practical skills in developing selection criteria, conduct of structured interviews, assessing candidates, making final hiring decision, and evaluating organisational effectiveness of staffing systems.
- You’ll study the following topics:
- Recruitment and selection
- Qualitative job analysis
- Quantitative job analysis
- Accessing candidate pools
- Attracting candidates
- Legal requirements
- Psychometric and other forms of testing
- On-boarding and socialisation
No eligibility requirements
No additional requirements
In this course you'll critically examine the social, legal, and administrative issues associated with the recruitment, selection and induction of people by organisations.
Develop your knowledge and skills in workforce planning, job analysis, channels and methods of recruitment, resume analysis, shortlisting, selection processes and on-boarding practices.
UniSA Online’s 10-week short courses give you the flexibility to upskill in a certain area, stay current with developments in your field, diversify your knowledge, or even explore a new direction in your career – without having to commit to the time and cost of a full university degree.
Delivered 100% online, you’ll be able to study where and when it suits you. Access online academic and student support seven days a week, fit study around work and life commitments, view learning resources 24/7, and log in to the interactive online environment anywhere, any time and on any device.
This is a third-year course from UniSA Online’s Bachelor of Business (Human Resource Management) degree. Please note: you are responsible for completing any relevant prerequisite courses before enrolling in this course.
- Case study (50%)
- Report (50%)
Current study term: 08 Jan 23 to 17 Mar 23
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.