Quantity Surveying Practice 1
Your upfront cost: $0
- 20 Sep 2021
The University of South Australia, UniSA, is ranked in the top 10 universities nationally and amongst the very best young universities in the world. They offer over 200 world-class degrees that are informed by industry and delivered with a highly practical approach to teaching and learning. In fact, they are South Australia’s number one university for graduate careers. They are a valuable partner with Open Universities Australia.
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
By the end of this 10-week course, you’ll be able to:
- Describe the role and duties of quantity surveyors in relation to pre and post-contract procedures
- Explain the functions of the bills of quantities in procurement of building projects
- Measure and take off building quantities for simple domestic construction according to standard measurement rules
- Introduction to Quantity Surveying Practice (QSP)
- Basics of Building Measurement
- Measuring Substructure
- Billing Substructure
- Measuring and Billing Masonry
- Measuring and Billing Stud Partitions
- Meausring and Billing Plasterboard
- Measuring and Billing Windows and Doors
- Measuring and Billing Finishes
- Measuring and Billing Roofing
No eligibility requirements
No special requirements
This course introduces you to the practice of quantity surveying, standard methods of measurement, and the measurement of domestic and small commercial buildings. You’ll practice measuring quantities using CostX software, a common program used by industry professionals. Throughout this course you will develop the skills to measure building elements and provide quantities for the billing process.
UniSA Online’s 10-week short courses give you the flexibility to upskill in a certain area, stay current with developments in your field, diversify your knowledge, or even explore a new direction in your career – without having to commit to the time and cost of a full university degree.
Delivered 100% online, you’ll be able to study where and when it suits you. Access online academic and student support seven days a week, fit study around work and life commitments, view learning resources 24/7, and log in to the interactive online environment anywhere, any time and on any device.
This is a second-year course from UniSA Online’s Bachelor of Construction Management and Bachelor of Construction Management (Honours).
Current study term: 19 Sep 21 to 26 Nov 21
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.