Quantitative Methods for Business
Learn the power of numbers in achieving business goals. Gain skills in gathering, interpreting and presenting data. Create growth by determining the sales volumes needed to break-even and make a profit. Learn through real cases.
Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
Subjects may require attendance
The University of South Australia, UniSA, is ranked in the top 10 universities nationally and amongst the very best young universities in the world. They offer over 200 world-class degrees that are informed by industry and delivered with a highly practical approach to teaching and learning. In fact, they are South Australia’s number one university for graduate careers. They are a valuable partner with Open Universities Australia.
QS RANKING 2020
Times Higher Education Ranking 2020
By the end of this 10-week course, you’ll be able to:
- Understand the basis and role of quantitative information for decision making in business and management.
- Perform basic mathematical calculations and manipulations, apply descriptive statistical methods and interpret the results.
- Use Excel to carry out calculations and produce diagrams for decision making in business.
- Fundamental skills
- Annuities and their applications
- Making good business decisions and breakeven analysis
- Linear programming
- Statistics for business
- Measures of central tendency and dispersion
- Relationship in data: correlation and simple linear regression
- Working with normal distribution
- Confidence intervals for the population mean and elementary hypothesis testing
No eligibility requirements
No special requirements
Develop your skills in gathering, interpreting and presenting data to achieve organisational goals. Discover how organisations use data to drive business growth, determine sales volumes required to break-even and identify profit or loss margins.
Analyse real-world business problems using your maths and stats skills.
Upgrade your skills in Excel as you learn to solve equations, use graphs, represent scatterplots, create tables and conduct hypothesis testing.
UniSA Online’s 10-week short courses give you the flexibility to upskill in a certain area, stay current with developments in your field, diversify your knowledge, or even explore a new direction in your career – without having to commit to the time and cost of a full university degree.
Delivered 100% online, you’ll be able to study where and when it suits you. Access online academic and student support seven days a week, fit study around work and life commitments, view learning resources 24/7, and log in to the interactive online environment anywhere, any time and on any device.
This is a first-year course from UniSA Online’s Business degrees.
- Problem Solving Exercise (45%)
- Examination (55%)