Your upfront cost: $0
Subjects may require attendance
- 03 Apr 2023
- 18 Sep 2023
The University of South Australia, UniSA, is ranked in the top 10 universities nationally and amongst the very best young universities in the world. They offer over 200 world-class degrees that are informed by industry and delivered with a highly practical approach to teaching and learning. In fact, they are South Australia’s number one university for graduate careers. They are a valuable partner with Open Universities Australia.
Learn more about UniSA.
QS Ranking 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
Our student advisors are here to guide you with:
- Enrolling and eligibility
- Fee and loan information
- Credit and recognition for prior learning
By the end of this 10-week course, you’ll be able to:
- Describe and discuss the essential features of the major theories of personality, social, developmental and abnormal psychology
- Demonstrate the ability to discuss empirically based information on selected topics in a discipline appropriate format and style
- Demonstrate an understanding of psychological research methods and perspectives and how these are applied in the context of personality, social, developmental and abnormal psychology
- Child development
- Adolescent and adult development
- Personality (overview)
- Personality (theories)
- Social Psychology
- Abnormal psychology (psychological disorders)
- Abnormal psychology (treatment)
No eligibility requirements
No additional requirements
Discover the history, philosophy, theories and research in psychology. Learn Look at theories of personality including methods of assessing personality and factors that make us different. Examine interpersonal behaviour, attitudes and discourse in Social Psychology. Learn about conditions and therapy approaches in Abnormal Psychology and the major theories of human cognitive and social development.
UniSA Online’s 10-week short courses give you the flexibility to upskill in a certain area, stay current with developments in your field, diversify your knowledge, or even explore a new direction in your career – without having to commit to the time and cost of a full university degree.
Delivered 100% online, you’ll be able to study where and when it suits you. Access online academic and student support seven days a week, fit study around work and life commitments, view learning resources 24/7, and log in to the interactive online environment anywhere, any time and on any device.
This is a first-year course from UniSA Online’s Bachelor of Psychology degree.
Should your course have an exam it will be scheduled for Australian Central Standard Time or Australian Central Daylight Time, depending on the time of the year.
- Continuous assessment (10%)
- Essay (50%)
- Examination (40%)
For textbook details check your university's handbook, website or learning management system (LMS).