Your upfront cost: $0
Subjects may require attendance
- 28 Jun 2021
The University of South Australia, UniSA, is ranked in the top 10 universities nationally and amongst the very best young universities in the world. They offer over 200 world-class degrees that are informed by industry and delivered with a highly practical approach to teaching and learning. In fact, they are South Australia’s number one university for graduate careers. They are a valuable partner with Open Universities Australia.
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
By the end of this 10-week course, you’ll be able to:
- Describe and evaluate the structure and function of the human nervous system and brain, the states of human consciousness, the processes of motivation and emotion, and the major theories of learning
- Describe and evaluate ethical research practices
- Describe and evaluate basic research designs
- Apply academic literacies appropriate to the discipline of psychology
- Introduction to psychology
- Research methods in psychology
- Ethics and critical evaluation of psychological research
- The brain and nervous system
- Sensation and perception
No eligibility requirements
No special requirements
Examine the methods and concepts of psychology with a focus on the biological basis of behaviour and research design. Explore the structure and function of the human nervous system and cerebral cortex, states of consciousness, motivation, emotion and learning.
UniSA Online’s 10-week short courses give you the flexibility to upskill in a certain area, stay current with developments in your field, diversify your knowledge, or even explore a new direction in your career – without having to commit to the time and cost of a full university degree.
Delivered 100% online, you’ll be able to study where and when it suits you. Access online academic and student support seven days a week, fit study around work and life commitments, view learning resources 24/7, and log in to the interactive online environment anywhere, any time and on any device.
This is a first-year course from UniSA Online’s Bachelor of Psychology degree.
- Continuous assessment (10%)
- Critical analysis (50%)
- Examination (40%)
Current study term: 27 Jun 21 to 03 Sep 21)
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.