Project Management for Engineers
Your upfront cost: $0
- 09 Jan 2023
The University of South Australia, UniSA, is ranked in the top 10 universities nationally and amongst the very best young universities in the world. They offer over 200 world-class degrees that are informed by industry and delivered with a highly practical approach to teaching and learning. In fact, they are South Australia’s number one university for graduate careers. They are a valuable partner with Open Universities Australia.
Learn more about UniSA.
QS Ranking 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
Our student advisors are here to guide you with:
- Enrolling and eligibility
- Fee and loan information
- Credit and recognition for prior learning
By the end of this 10-week course, you’ll be able to:
- Compare and distinguish between the specialisations within civil, mechanical and electrical engineering.
- Identify appropriate tools and techniques to analyse and manage risks and communicate engineering project plans that are relevant to the specialisation.
- Demonstrate the application of the socio-cultural, ethical and sustainable frameworks related to engineering projects.
- Apply and undertake project planning, monitoring and evaluation using modern tools and techniques for effective engineering project management.
- Project management
- Corporate social responsibility
- Project scope
- Time management
- Risk management
- Decision analysis
- Resource allocation
No eligibility requirements
No additional requirements
This course aims to develop your understanding in project management principles. It also aims to develop your professional attributes in line with the framework developed by Engineers Australia.
As an engineer, one day you will work in real life projects as a team member, or you will lead and manage the team as a project manager. This course introduces you to relevant concepts, principles and techniques for effective leadership and management of engineering projects. The activities youcomplete in this course will help you to understandissues that might arise on multidisciplinary projects, and expose you to a range of tools and techniques required in managing projects.
UniSA Online’s 10-week short courses give you the flexibility to upskill in a certain area, stay current with developments in your field, diversify your knowledge, or even explore a new direction in your career – without having to commit to the time and cost of a full university degree.
Delivered 100% online, you’ll be able to study where and when it suits you. Access online academic and student support seven days a week, fit study around work and life commitments, view learning resources 24/7, and log in to the interactive online environment anywhere, any time and on any device.
This is a course from UniSA Online’s Associate Degree in Engineering.
Should your course have an exam it will be scheduled for Australian Central Standard Time or Australian Central Daylight Time, depending on the time of the year.
- Continuous assessment (50%)
- Project (50%)
Current study term: 08 Jan 23 to 17 Mar 23
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.