Your upfront cost: $0
Subjects may require attendance
- 03 Apr 2023
The University of South Australia, UniSA, is ranked in the top 10 universities nationally and amongst the very best young universities in the world. They offer over 200 world-class degrees that are informed by industry and delivered with a highly practical approach to teaching and learning. In fact, they are South Australia’s number one university for graduate careers. They are a valuable partner with Open Universities Australia.
Learn more about UniSA.
QS Ranking 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
Our student advisors are here to guide you with:
- Enrolling and eligibility
- Fee and loan information
- Credit and recognition for prior learning
By the end of this 10-week course, you’ll be able to:
- Apply problem solving strategies to move from a problem statement to a code solution.
- Implement, test and debug programs using the C programming language and choose appropriate conditional and iteration constructs for a given programming task.
- Analyse and explain the behaviour of programs.
- Program a microcontroller to perform a simple task relevant to a civil, electrical, mechanical or other engineering problem.
- Apply good programming practices, specifically, international coding style standards and source code documentation.
- Introduction to C Programming
- C Standard Library, User Controlled Input and Output, Control Structures – If statements
- Control Structures – loops (while and for), Coding Conventions
- Arrays and Strings, Problem Solving Process
- Functions and Debugging
- Introduction to Arduino, Problem Solving Strategies
- File Processing, Dynamic Memory Allocation
- Structures, Multi-file Programs
No eligibility requirements
No additional requirements
In this course, you’ll be introduced to programming and will learn the C programming language. This is a widely supported language, which has influenced many other languages. Your knowledge of C and key programming concepts covered in this course can be applied to many other programming languages.
This course covers how to get data in and out of C programs, how we control which parts of the program run, and how we can store and access data in memory. You’ll also cover programming the Arduino, which is a low cost board that runs C code and allows the code to interact with circuits.
UniSA Online’s 10-week short courses give you the flexibility to upskill in a certain area, stay current with developments in your field, diversify your knowledge, or even explore a new direction in your career – without having to commit to the time and cost of a full university degree.
Delivered 100% online, you’ll be able to study where and when it suits you. Access online academic and student support seven days a week, fit study around work and life commitments, view learning resources 24/7, and log in to the interactive online environment anywhere, any time and on any device.
This is a second-year course from UniSA Online’s Associate Degree in Engineering.
Should your course have an exam it will be scheduled for Australian Central Standard Time or Australian Central Daylight Time, depending on the time of the year.
- Programming (50%)
- Invigilated Exam (50%)
Current study term: 02 Apr 23 to 09 Jun 23
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.