Professional Practice in Public Health
Your upfront cost: $0
- 28 Jun 2021
The University of South Australia, UniSA, is ranked in the top 10 universities nationally and amongst the very best young universities in the world. They offer over 200 world-class degrees that are informed by industry and delivered with a highly practical approach to teaching and learning. In fact, they are South Australia’s number one university for graduate careers. They are a valuable partner with Open Universities Australia.
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
By the end of this 10-week course, you’ll be able to:
- Formulate goals, objectives and strategies for the development and improvement of public health competencies in line with industry needs.
- Explore possibilities for employment in public health and wellbeing roles, within and outside the health sector, and develop capabilities for seeking employment in those roles.
- Critically reflect on oneself as an emerging public health practitioner, including evidencing professional competencies and outlining areas for development.
- Explain how public health and wellbeing discipline knowledge and practices are applied within a workplace setting.
- What competencies do I need? Revisiting the CAPHIA Framework
- Being a reflective practitioner
- Career development - What type of public health practitioner can I be?
- Practical strategies for following your career path
- Professional associations
- Mentoring – finding the right people for different stages of your career
- What does industry want from public health practitioners?
- Social media and public health practice
No eligibility requirements
No special requirements
Gain the skills and knowledge to work as a public health practitioner. Explore the variety of roles in public health such as practitioner, researcher, educator, and advocate. Learn practical strategies to follow your career path and stand out from the crowd.
UniSA Online’s 10-week short courses give you the flexibility to upskill in a certain area, stay current with developments in your field, diversify your knowledge, or even explore a new direction in your career – without having to commit to the time and cost of a full university degree.
Delivered 100% online, you’ll be able to study where and when it suits you. Access online academic and student support seven days a week, fit study around work and life commitments, view learning resources 24/7, and log in to the interactive online environment anywhere, any time and on any device.
This is a third-year course from UniSA Online’s Bachelor of Health Science (Nutrition and Exercise) degree. Please note: you are responsible for completing any relevant prerequisite courses before enrolling in this course.
- Portfolio - 1500 words (40%)
- Report- 3000 words (60%)
Current study term: 27 Jun 21 to 03 Sep 21
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.