Professional and Technical Communication
Learn to read texts with a critical eye. You’ll dissect professional and technical texts including those used in academia, the government, corporations and more. Learn how to construct these texts yourself with clarity and persuasiveness.
Your upfront cost: $0
- 19 Sep 2022
QS RANKING 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
By the end of this 10-week course, you’ll be able to:
- Recognise the social, cultural, rhetorical, and stylistic influences in the construction of texts.
- Analyse the constructing features of a wide range of professional and technical texts.
- Design, write, evaluate and revise a wide range of professional and technical texts.
- Develop an understanding of the principles of visual and information design.
- Develop an understanding of issues related to ethics, copyright, liability, and responsibility in the professional context.
- Principles of professional communication
- Effective voice
- Visual texts
- Principles of design
- Working with genres
- Effective presentations
- Culture, text and inclusivity
- Report writing
- Editing texts
No eligibility requirements
No additional requirements
Hone your communication skills in crafting and editing a wide range of print, online and visual texts. Broaden your communication toolkit and learn design and stylistic techniques, structures and legal and ethical issues related to professional writing.
Learn to evaluate, draft and revise a range of professional and technical communication using the principles of reader centredness, useability, and persuasiveness. With a focus on practical learning, you’ll critically analyse a wide range of texts and genres from academic, governmental, professional, industrial, corporate and public contexts.
UniSA Online’s 10-week short courses give you the flexibility to upskill in a certain area, stay current with developments in your field, diversify your knowledge, or even explore a new direction in your career – without having to commit to the time and cost of a full university degree.
Delivered 100% online, you’ll be able to study where and when it suits you. Access online academic and student support seven days a week, fit study around work and life commitments, view learning resources 24/7, and log in to the interactive online environment anywhere, any time and on any device.
This is a first year course from UniSA Online’s Bachelor of Communication degree.
Should your course have an exam it will be scheduled for Australian Central Standard Time or Australian Central Daylight Time, depending on the time of the year.
- Continuous Assessment (60%)
- Project (40%)
Current study term: 18 Sep 22 to 25 Nov 22
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.