Problem Solving and Programming
Learn how to go from a problem statement to a code solution. Develop core programming skills using Python programming language. Solve errors in your own code. Build skills that can be applied across a range of scenarios.
Your upfront cost: $0
Subjects may require attendance
- 20 Sep 2021
The University of South Australia, UniSA, is ranked in the top 10 universities nationally and amongst the very best young universities in the world. They offer over 200 world-class degrees that are informed by industry and delivered with a highly practical approach to teaching and learning. In fact, they are South Australia’s number one university for graduate careers. They are a valuable partner with Open Universities Australia.
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
By the end of this 10-week course, you’ll be able to:
- Apply problem solving strategies to solve problems and express the solution as an algorithm.
- Apply a problem solving process to move from a problem statement to a code solution.
- Implement programs to solve problems and choose appropriate conditional and iteration constructs for a given programming task
- Analyse and explain the behaviour of programs.
- Test and debug algorithms and programs and describe strategies that are useful in debugging.
- Use existing objects to solve problems and create user-defined objects by declaring a class and using it to create objects.
- Apply good programming practices, specifically, coding style standards and source code documentation.
- Problem solving
- Control structures
- Functions (continued)
- File input and output
- Introduction to objects
- Objects (continued)
- Review and examination
No eligibility requirements
No special requirements
Discover different problem-solving approaches and processes which will allow you to move from a problem statement to a code solution. Develop core programming skills using the Python programming language.
You will learn strategies and tools to tackle each problem in a straightforward manner.
Your problem solving skills can be applied to everything you do – in both programming and non-programming scenarios. It’s a highly sought after skill that will put you in good stead for your future career.
UniSA Online’s 10-week short courses give you the flexibility to upskill in a certain area, stay current with developments in your field, diversify your knowledge, or even explore a new direction in your career – without having to commit to the time and cost of a full university degree.
Delivered 100% online, you’ll be able to study where and when it suits you. Access online academic and student support seven days a week, fit study around work and life commitments, view learning resources 24/7, and log in to the interactive online environment anywhere, any time and on any device.
This is a first-year course from UniSA Online’s Bachelor of IT and Data Analytics degree.
- Programming (50%)
- Examination (50%)
Current study term: 19 Sep 21 to 26 Nov 21
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.