Problem Solving and Programming
Learn how to go from a problem statement to a code solution. Develop core programming skills using Python programming language. Solve errors in your own code. Build skills that can be applied across a range of scenarios.
Your upfront cost: $0
Subjects may require attendance
- 27 Jun 2022
QS RANKING 2022
Times Higher Education Ranking 2022
By the end of this 10-week course, you’ll be able to:
- Apply problem solving strategies to solve problems and express the solution as an algorithm.
- Apply a problem solving process to move from a problem statement to a code solution.
- Implement programs to solve problems and choose appropriate conditional and iteration constructs for a given programming task
- Analyse and explain the behaviour of programs.
- Test and debug algorithms and programs and describe strategies that are useful in debugging.
- Use existing objects to solve problems and create user-defined objects by declaring a class and using it to create objects.
- Apply good programming practices, specifically, coding style standards and source code documentation.
- Problem solving
- Control structures
- Functions (continued)
- File input and output
- Introduction to objects
- Objects (continued)
- Review and examination
No eligibility requirements
No additional requirements
Discover different problem-solving approaches and processes which will allow you to move from a problem statement to a code solution. Develop core programming skills using the Python programming language.
You will learn strategies and tools to tackle each problem in a straightforward manner.
Your problem solving skills can be applied to everything you do – in both programming and non-programming scenarios. It’s a highly sought after skill that will put you in good stead for your future career.
UniSA Online’s 10-week short courses give you the flexibility to upskill in a certain area, stay current with developments in your field, diversify your knowledge, or even explore a new direction in your career – without having to commit to the time and cost of a full university degree.
Delivered 100% online, you’ll be able to study where and when it suits you. Access online academic and student support seven days a week, fit study around work and life commitments, view learning resources 24/7, and log in to the interactive online environment anywhere, any time and on any device.
This is a first-year course from UniSA Online’s Bachelor of IT and Data Analytics degree.
Should your course have an exam it will be scheduled for Australian Central Standard Time or Australian Central Daylight Time, depending on the time of the year.
- Programming (50%)
- Examination (50%)
Current study term: 26 Jun 22 to 02 Sep 22
Starting Out with Python, 5th ed.