Personal and Professional Development
Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
- 28 Jun 2021
The University of South Australia, UniSA, is ranked in the top 10 universities nationally and amongst the very best young universities in the world. They offer over 200 world-class degrees that are informed by industry and delivered with a highly practical approach to teaching and learning. In fact, they are South Australia’s number one university for graduate careers. They are a valuable partner with Open Universities Australia.
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
By the end of this 10-week course, you’ll be able to:
1. Recognise how psychological concepts and theories can be applied personally and professionally to increase wellbeing and achievement.
2. Critically evaluate and reflect on psychological concepts and theories and make connections between the concepts and theories and personal and professional experiences.
3. Utilise communication, leadership and teamwork skills in the preparation and presentation of a group seminar.
4. Apply career management skills to design a career portfolio.
- What is reflection and why is it important?
- Stress management
- Time management and academic competencies
- Positive psychology
- Goal setting and SWOT analysis
- Career management
- Opportunities, decision making and action
- Careers in Psychology
No eligibility requirements
No additional requirements
This course is designed to help you discover psychological theories and concepts that you can use to help build strategies that will assist you with your personal and professional development. You will also develop your communication skills to prepare and deliver a group presentation with other students in this course. Finally, you will complete a career development module that will assist you in planning your career and creating a career portfolio that you will use to guide you throughout your program and into your future career.
UniSA Online’s 10-week short courses give you the flexibility to upskill in a certain area, stay current with developments in your field, diversify your knowledge, or even explore a new direction in your career – without having to commit to the time and cost of a full university degree.
Delivered 100% online, you’ll be able to study where and when it suits you. Access online academic and student support seven days a week, fit study around work and life commitments, view learning resources 24/7, and log in to the interactive online environment anywhere, any time and on any device.
This is a course from UniSA Online’s Bachelor of Psychology.
Current study term: 27 Jun 21 to 03 Sep 21
Check the learning management system (LMS) of your university for textbook details.