Object Oriented Programming
Your upfront cost: $0
Subjects may require attendance
- 03 Apr 2023
- 18 Sep 2023
The University of South Australia, UniSA, is ranked in the top 10 universities nationally and amongst the very best young universities in the world. They offer over 200 world-class degrees that are informed by industry and delivered with a highly practical approach to teaching and learning. In fact, they are South Australia’s number one university for graduate careers. They are a valuable partner with Open Universities Australia.
Learn more about UniSA.
Explore UniSA courses.
QS Ranking 2023
Times Higher Education Ranking 2023
Our student advisors are here to guide you with:
- Enrolling and eligibility
- Fee and loan information
- Credit and recognition for prior learning
By the end of this 10-week course, you’ll be able to:
- Apply strategies (problem-solving techniques) to conceptualise problems and formulate a solution, including mapping the solution to classes within a programming language.
- Understand and apply concepts of inheritance and polymorphism.
- Debug and fix code defects.
- Apply international coding style standards.
- Communicate appropriately with professional colleagues through source code documentation.
- Introduction to Object-Oriented Programming
- Class and Object
- Classes and Data Structures
- Exception Handling
- Contract Programming
- Design Patterns
No eligibility requirements
No additional requirements
Learn to apply the principles of object-oriented software development. You’ll learn problem-solving techniques to develop solutions into a robust object-oriented program. You’ll take a hands-on approach and will learn to write a number of programs for each topic, each week.
UniSA Online’s 10-week short courses give you the flexibility to upskill in a certain area, stay current with developments in your field, diversify your knowledge, or even explore a new direction in your career – without having to commit to the time and cost of a full university degree.
Delivered 100% online, you’ll be able to study where and when it suits you. Access online academic and student support seven days a week, fit study around work and life commitments, view learning resources 24/7, and log in to the interactive online environment anywhere, any time and on any device.
This is a third-year course from UniSA Online’s Bachelor of Information Technology degree. Please note: you are responsible for completing any relevant prerequisite courses before enrolling in this course.
Should your course have an exam it will be scheduled for Australian Central Standard Time or Australian Central Daylight Time, depending on the time of the year.
- Other - 2700 words (60%)
- Invigilated Exam - 2 hours (40%)
For textbook details check your university's handbook, website or learning management system (LMS).