Nutrition for Exercise and Performance
Enrolments for this year have closed. Keep exploring subjects.
The University of South Australia, UniSA, is ranked in the top 10 universities nationally and amongst the very best young universities in the world. They offer over 200 world-class degrees that are informed by industry and delivered with a highly practical approach to teaching and learning. In fact, they are South Australia’s number one university for graduate careers. They are a valuable partner with Open Universities Australia.
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
By the end of this 10-week course, you’ll be able to:
- Describe and apply principles of nutrition for exercise and performance.
- Describe the special nutritional requirements for athletes with special needs, and athletes training indifferent environmental conditions.
- Identify nutritionally vulnerable athletes within the sporting population.
- Critically appraise sports supplements and food fads.
- Introduction to Diet Planning for Exercise and Performance
- Nutritional Periodisation for Training, Exercise/Performance and Recovery
- Hydration - Na Micronutrients of Concern - Fe, Ca, n-3, antioxidants
- Research and Supplements
- Body Composition, Weight and Exercise & Performance
- People in Exercise. The Young, the Old, Athletes with Disabilities
- Special Environments - Travelling, Culture, Hot, Cold, High Altitude
- GI, Rehab
- Team Sports
No eligibility requirements
No additional requirements
Optimising nutrition is important for ensuring peak performance. This is not only important for elite athletes but also for workers such as fire officers and army personnel who have a heavy workload.
This course brings together concepts from other UniSA Online nutrition courses and applies them within a new context – exercise and performance. Broaden your understanding of the relationships between diet and sports performance and learn to apply sports nutrition principles to exercise science.
UniSA Online’s 10-week short courses give you the flexibility to upskill in a certain area, stay current with developments in your field, diversify your knowledge, or even explore a new direction in your career – without having to commit to the time and cost of a full university degree.
Delivered 100% online, you’ll be able to study where and when it suits you. Access online academic and student support seven days a week, fit study around work and life commitments, view learning resources 24/7, and log in to the interactive online environment anywhere, any time and on any device.
This is a third-year course from UniSA Online’s Bachelor of Health Science (Nutrition and Exercise) degree. Please note: you are responsible for completing any relevant prerequisite courses before enrolling in this course.
- Report - 2000 words (40%)
- Portfolio (60%)