Mathematical Methods for Engineers 2
Your upfront cost: $0
Subjects may require attendance
- 03 Apr 2023
- 18 Sep 2023
The University of South Australia, UniSA, is ranked in the top 10 universities nationally and amongst the very best young universities in the world. They offer over 200 world-class degrees that are informed by industry and delivered with a highly practical approach to teaching and learning. In fact, they are South Australia’s number one university for graduate careers. They are a valuable partner with Open Universities Australia.
Learn more about UniSA.
QS Ranking 2023
Times Higher Education Ranking 2023
Our student advisors are here to guide you with:
- Enrolling and eligibility
- Fee and loan information
- Credit and recognition for prior learning
By the end of this 10-week course, you’ll be able to:
- Apply elementary manipulative skills to solve mathematical problems.
- Formulate simple applied problems in mathematical language.
- Use the principles of linear algebra in the solution of problems selected from engineering.
- Use the principles of differential and integral calculus in the solution of problems selected from engineering.
- Solve simple applied problems using MATLAB software.
- Integration methods and differential equations
- Trigonometric and hyperbolic functions for integration
- Integration techniques
- Higher order differential equations
- Linear algebra introduction
- Linear equations
- Algebra of matrices
No eligibility requirements
No additional requirements
This course continues from what you have learnt in Mathematical Methods for Engineers 1. Some mathematical methods are used frequently in many engineering disciplines, and this course aims to develop your knowledge of these methods
During the course, you will extend your knowledge and understanding of linear equations, matrices and ordinary differential equations. You will also continue the use of the MATLAB software to assist in the modelling process.
UniSA Online’s 10-week short courses give you the flexibility to upskill in a certain area, stay current with developments in your field, diversify your knowledge, or even explore a new direction in your career – without having to commit to the time and cost of a full university degree.
Delivered 100% online, you’ll be able to study where and when it suits you. Access online academic and student support seven days a week, fit study around work and life commitments, view learning resources 24/7, and log in to the interactive online environment anywhere, any time and on any device.
This is a course from UniSA Online’s Associate Degree in Engineering.
Should your course have an exam it will be scheduled for Australian Central Standard Time or Australian Central Daylight Time, depending on the time of the year.
- Continuous assessment (55%)
- Examination (45%)
For textbook details check your university's handbook, website or learning management system (LMS).