Managing Decision Making
The University of South Australia, UniSA, is ranked in the top 10 universities nationally and amongst the very best young universities in the world. They offer over 200 world-class degrees that are informed by industry and delivered with a highly practical approach to teaching and learning. In fact, they are South Australia’s number one university for graduate careers. They are a valuable partner with Open Universities Australia.
QS RANKING 2021
Times Higher Education Ranking 2021
By the end of this 10-week course, you’ll be able to:
- Identify and explain the characteristics of different types of management problems and decisions, problem solvers and decision makers and approaches to problem solving and decision making.
- Explain how the characteristics of different types of problem solver and decision maker influence the way managers solve different types of problems and make decisions.
- Examine different approaches to problem solving and management decision making through various methods, including business meetings and technology-aided communication.
- Propose and present creative and innovative solutions to a series of business problems.
- Collaborate with others in decision making activities using collaborative technologies.
- Demonstrate Business Enterprise Skills in the context of the Management discipline.
- Problems and Decisions
- Decisions and Decision-makers
- Decision-making models
- Teamwork and collaborative decision-making
- Decision Support Systems
- Spreadsheet Design and Development
- End-User Development
- Data mining and Modelling
- Technology to Support Decision-Making
No eligibility requirements
No additional requirements
This course introduces you to the theory and practice of decision-making, both as individuals and as a team. Examine the different approaches, techniques and tools that exist to support innovative and creative decision-making. Explore different types of problems and decisions and understand how groupthink and individual personality types and leadership styles can influence decisions.
Gain practical skills as you learn new tools used in the industry. You’ll be able to apply your new knowledge and skills immediately in your current role.
UniSA Online’s 10-week short courses give you the flexibility to upskill in a certain area, stay current with developments in your field, diversify your knowledge, or even explore a new direction in your career – without having to commit to the time and cost of a full university degree.
Delivered 100% online, you’ll be able to study where and when it suits you. Access online academic and student support seven days a week, fit study around work and life commitments, view learning resources 24/7, and log in to the interactive online environment anywhere, any time and on any device.
This is a third-year course from UniSA Online’s Management degree. Please note: you are responsible for completing any relevant prerequisite courses before enrolling in this course.
- Report - 2000 words (40%)
- Project - 3000 words (60%)